Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't even know if i've posted this in the correct forum.

I don't understand what to do, i can't be positive anymore. When i go to school, i become this secure, confident, loud student and i can speak and i express how i feel and i hold strong opinions. But then...Recentley, i've been feeling like i've been living a lie because I feel trapped. I think alot, and i can't help it but i think so much its literally destroying me, because the truth about the world is almost making me want to put my life to an end.

I hold a huge interest in Politics and War and im presentley reading a novel about the Bosnian War and i notice how i start to feel uneasy when it comes to the killing. And i don't mean any sort of uneasy, i mean sick, i put the book away and can't go to sleep. I need to seperate myself from society, because everyday puts me down. I love nature and when the soon shines i feel so blessed and i cry at how beautiful nature is being destroyed by people. I feel i can learn and make a change and refuse to be some one who runs away, but how can i learn if its stressing me out so much? Nobody understands me, i have alot of friends who just think i've lost it. I simply just spent all day crying..confused...

I want to stop this perception of bitterness, i'd love to get out but im 14 and i want to focus on my education. My GCSE's will be coming up again in June and i don't want my attitude to affect my studies.

How do i stop it?

ReputationRep:
    People on the internet can't help you.

Go talk to someone in real life and/or go see your doctor and ask to be referred to a therapist.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Yep you'd be better off seeing a professional.
    But yeah, the world for the most half is ******* cancerous and putrid, it's something you learn to fight haha.

ReputationRep:
    I want to add, most doctors are very sympathetic and dont feel like you are wasting your time. Depression is a bona fides issue and it is treatable. I've been blighted with it for a few years but the meds have helped me. (I'm surprised at myself at admitting that)

ReputationRep:
    politics is poisonous, you'll be fine if you knew how to hide

ReputationRep:
    Stay strong. There's a lot of bad in the world but don't let that detract you from what good there is. Reminds me of Desiderata: 'For the world is full of trickery.
    But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
    many persons strive for high ideals,
    and everywhere life is full of heroism.'
    Anyway, stay strong, GCSEs are a stressful time but try and keep strong and positive. I find walking helps me a lot when I'm feeling down, would be especially good as you have such a value for nature. What you're going through seems like a very dark time, but don't worry, things will get better, try and be proactive in changing things so they'll improve (:

ReputationRep:
    Go see a doctor, there is little we can advise.

ReputationRep:
    Let laughing Yoga in my sig cheer you up.

I feel the same as this, and I went to the doctor just the other day and got referred to a counselling group. You could be suffering from mental illness so it's best to get it checked out by a doctor, just in case. Also, good luck in your GCSEs, they really are a breeze compared to A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    see a doctor. =)

ReputationRep:
    Well I've got two feelings here - on the one hand I don't want to stop you seeking help if you genuinely have a problem... but I'm really loud normally - you can't shut me up.
    But everyone has time alone at home and can get a bit down, or hearing about bad stuff doesn't make you feel great...
    So you need to work out if what you have is normal or not...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.