Turn on thread page Beta

girls, would you ever date a guy from college who is in the year BELOW you? watch

ReputationRep:
    would you feel weird or would you be perfectly fine with it as long as you liked the guy?

ReputationRep:
    well maybe cause a lot of guys in the year below me are my age but just retaking or something
    but i would never date a guy younger than me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKin2U)
    well maybe cause a lot of guys in the year below me are my age but just retaking or something
    thanks, but can i just ask why?

you would date a guy that's older than you by like 5 years, but not somebody only ONE year younger than you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my name is secret)
    thanks, but can i just ask why?

you would date a guy that's older than you by like 5 years, but not somebody only ONE year younger than you?
    Ummm no reason I guess actaully I forgot, i did date a guy a year below me once but he wasnt from around my area i dunno why but i would have been embarassed if people actually knew but when we went out it was okay cause he looked much older for his age and usually younger guys are immature, and cant think of any reasons actually but yeah and i wouldnt check a guy 5 years older than me! maybe when im past my 20s or 30s but i think they biggest age gap i would keep is 3 to 4 years

ReputationRep:
    I think going as far as saying you'd being embarrased about going out with a someone in the year below is a bit pathetic...as if people will give a crap at this age!
    Boys do tend to generally be more immature though, that's probably most girls' reasons for wanting an older boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm no reason I guess actaully I forgot, i did date a guy a year below me once but he wasnt from around my area i dunno why but i would have been embarassed if people actually knew but when we went out it was okay cause he looked much older for his age and usually younger guys are immature, and cant think of any reasons actually but yeah and i wouldnt check a guy 5 years older than me! maybe when im past my 20s or 30s but i think they biggest age gap i would keep is 3 to 4 years
    im not talking about dating a random guy who is younger than you. i mean somebody who you would date if he was you're age (i.e. "mature"), but the only difference is that he is a year younger and in first year of college whilst you're in second year.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, no issue there

At the end of the day if you stay together for a while, age will become irrelevent as you have that bond

It's a bit shallow to reject someone based on their age.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people in my 6th form do it. Girls from year 13 going out with boys in year 12. And I also know a girl in year 12 whos boyfriend is in year 11..lol. Dont see anything wrong with it myself because I've done it. But I was really scared of what people would think.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah I would. At this age I don't think being one year younger makes much difference.

ReputationRep:
    I have done but don't think I would again. It just felt a bit weird, plus it didn't help that he was a good 3 inches shorter than me...

ReputationRep:
    It would depend entirely on their personality and attitude, I guess. I'm definitely more attracted to the kinda "manly" man though, so I tend to find guys who are older than me by 3/4 years more attractive anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind as long as I liked them enough. I tend to date older though.

ReputationRep:
    If I like someone enough, I don't care what age they are . . . as long as they are legal, obviously.

Then again, if their age meant they were immature, likely to be given a super tight curfew or generally not compatible with me, I probably wouldn't like them all that much

ReputationRep:
    You are incredibly shallow. Nothing personal, just a mere observation.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date someone below me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cymraesfach)
    It would depend entirely on their personality and attitude, I guess. I'm definitely more attracted to the kinda "manly" man though, so I tend to find guys who are older than me by 3/4 years more attractive anyway.
    I second that!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, of course, it's only one year, hardly makes much difference now at this stage of life. Anyway, there are more important things to worry about than a tiny age difference like that.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    im in year 12 so younger than me is year 11

it would be a no i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RBarack)
    You are incredibly shallow. Nothing personal, just a mere observation.
    Nice to know =)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.