Turn on thread page Beta

girls, would you ever date a guy from college who is in the year BELOW you? watch

ReputationRep:
    yeah, sure. I don't see why anyone would have an issue with that, if they liked the guy.
    I mean, I'd probably be less likely to like a guy who was younger than me, 'cause most guys I know in year 12 seem to be horrendously immature.
    But yeah, if the guy was the sort of person I like, I don't see why not. :3

ReputationRep:
    My friend (who is very normal and dateable I promise) dates a guy in Year 12 (though not at our school). He's quite mature for his age, and doesn't look younger then her, so I guess they might be contributing factors?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but when a boys younger than a girl, it's just weird. I guess it's just one of those social taboos? Maybe something to do with that fact that boys our age are often more immature (don't they develop later or something?) so boys in the year below are thought to be even more so. I look for a guy to be the kind of 'protector' person and if they were younger than me it would make it seem the other way round. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Would i mind dating a guy a year younger than me? No. Would i think twice about going out with someone who i have to see every day no matter how things go? Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I started going out with my boyfriend when he was Year 12 and I was Year 13. It was slightly weird at first, but then people didn't really care after a while as they saw how happy we were!

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be the age that would maybe stop me. Its more the maturity. And let's face it, during our teen years, guys tend to develop slower in maturity - a guy of my age or a couple of years older than me is more likely to be suitable in maturity.. Does that make any sense?

ReputationRep:
    No. At my college, the 2nd years hated the 1st years so I would have been torn apart for it.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends is dating a guy in the year below, and they've been going out for about 6 months now and nobody ever thought it was weird. I think it's funny that people would happily go out with somebody born in July or August of their year, but not September of the year below...

ReputationRep:
    I don't see any problem with it, went out with someone 2 years younger then me when I was in year 12, I think I agree with most of the posts about having to be similar maturity levels though for it to be sencible.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Girls my age are all immature themselves, don't know what they're on about when they say they're more mature...so want someone on their level.

Lol a lot of them are crazy and immature themselves, and act like they're independent mature single mothers or something. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, of course

ReputationRep:
    No.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes.
    When I was in Year 13 I almost had a thing with a guy in the year below. Unfortunately, we didn't tell each other how we felt until I'd moved 300 miles away :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    The majority of people in my year at uni would have been a year below my at school, because I took a (forced) gap year. So should I not socialize with them? I can see why it seems different when you're at school, but it really isn't. My boyfriend's a bit younger than me (as in, I'm 19 and he's still 18) but it doesn't make a blind bit of difference (except for him mocking me about my advanced years...)

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is a year younger than me..... I dont see it as an issue. I never feel older than him so it doesnt matter!

ReputationRep:
    It would depend on the guy - how they were, their personality, whether they were immature or not.

My current boyfriend is actually younger than me (only by 5 months) but does look about 2 years younger than me, but i really don't care - He acts mature and has an amazing personality. Sometimes older guys (by about a few years) think they should protect you more and possibly have more control over you.

ReputationRep:
    I would say no...but that's because guys are generally a lot more immature than girls and I'm mature for my age anyway. I don't think it would make a difference when people are older but atm it does.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been attracted to younger guys...not purposefully but it's just the way it's turned out. My boyfriend is 3 years older than me (I'm 19 and he's 22) and that works out pretty well...cos I'm more mature for my age and he's a little less mature for his age. I understand why girls don't go for younger guys...I don't think it's about being shallow just what you're attracted to and your own personality. I prefer a manly personality and look as opposed to a teenage look and personality if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I've never been attracted to younger guys.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.