Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am starting a full time PGCE course (primary) at Hope , Lpool in Sept. Can anyone tell me what sort of hours I would actually be doing when at uni. I have heard days are long but trying to get childcare sorted at the moment and was wondering if anyone on here has done the course and could help.

Many Thanks,
    Cleo72

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about your uni but my uni told me most uni days will be 9-5 (some days may have small gaps or end a bit earlier I don't know) but it's a pretty long day.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah it's roughly 9-5 every day for uni (at least for me). Sometimes less. For school placements, I would say (to be safe) 7.30-6.30, when taking into account travel as well... It's a long today! Of course, some days you would finish earlier, it depends on what you have to do at school

ReputationRep:
    hi my sister is currently at hope and with her placements she can expect to leave at about 7.30 in the morn and be back after 6!!

ReputationRep:
    kingston told us at the interview it would be 9-4 and then placements would be 8-6 or so...
    I'm assuming its similar everywhere just because the PGCE is so intensive~

ReputationRep:
    St Marys told us the same kinda thing, around 9-4 each day, and then if you're taking the extra masters credits you'll stay in some days til 6.

ReputationRep:
    I were told to expect it to be pretty much 9-5 when we're at uni, and longer when we're on placements.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.