Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best style of bikini for small chest? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for a bandeau halterneck bikini..

ReputationRep:
    Bandeau style;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Bandeau style;
    That, with a string to keep it in place would be ideal :] Although I do get conscious about what people can see, so maybe that slighty padded and with a string.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Bandeau style;
    that looks like a nice one

ReputationRep:
    topless

ReputationRep:
    bandeau definitely or something with frill on it/patterned is also good for smaller chests to give the illusion of a bigger chest. ^^;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighSkies)
    bandeau definitely or something with frill on it/patterned is also good for smaller chests to give the illusion of a bigger chest. ^^;
    I'm perfectly happy with my bust size as it is...?

ReputationRep:
    If you're happy with your bust size, a string bikini top (triangles with tie neck and back) is good fuller-chested girls can't wear them without looking ridiculous, but a flat chest lets you get away with non-underwired.

Personally I'm not a fan of bandeaus, because they don't provide any upwards support, so it's highly possible to end up with the squished-droopy-boobs look.

ReputationRep:
    I'm small chested and have a bikini which is a halter tie, has soft cups with a tiny bit of padding but nothing major, plus it's removable anyway. Like Sarokrae said small chested girls can get away with slightly skimpier bikini tops because our assets won't spill everywhere. Mine is a striped design of coral and white with ruffles along the tie straps, I find the ruffles add a little bit of shape and interest.

It's from Victoria Secret - I go to the US a lot and my Dad is paid to lecture over there, but they're a great company, massive selection of bikinis and they ship to the UK. I'm just looking on there now at what would be good and they have some lovely balconet bra tops and a one shoulder bandeau top. Might be worth looking at purely for ideas anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Coming from someone with the same size, bandeaus do not flatter small chests at all. They just seem to emphasize the smallness :/

You can get a double gel bikini set from Primark (it's really cheap, like £7 or something for the set) and it gives you a little boost and is really flattering. It's a bit like La Senza's double gel bras but in bikini form.

If you have a little more money to spend, then there's a site called Max Cleavage and they do some great little bikinis (in all shapes and sizes) which are designed especially for women with smaller boobs! Downside is they're like £50 for a bikini set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >RazorImages<)
    I'm perfectly happy with my bust size as it is...?
    I wasn't implying anything or directing it at you. It was a suggestion for anyone else who may want to know.

ReputationRep:
    Bandeaus are cute.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Halterneck :yep: I find bandeu style bikinis make me look even smaller, they emphasis flat chests...whereas halternecks give a bit of shape...I have an awesome blue halterneck bikini that I got at m&s last year...if their range this year is as good they're worth looking at

Edit: Also string bikinis can be hit or miss with small chests...I found they weren't flattering on me, but my friend looked alright in her's...I think bigger staps on a halter neck look better, and as I think you mentioned earlier soft cups, as opposed to very thin material or the other extreme of gel pads

ReputationRep:
    Go for a halter style that ties at the neck (as opposed to one with a clip fastening). I always go for ones with a bigger strap but it's up to you.

When you put it on and have it all tied up lean forward (until you're more or less parallel with the floor) and pull both your boobs towards the centre.

This'll give the best fit and it'll make them look fuller (and bigger).

ReputationRep:

hihihi

ReputationRep:
    Bandeau tops work too... Nicole Ritchie did it when she was uber thin. It sort of accentuates your shape too.

ReputationRep:
    Bandeau, definitely. They do make you look smaller, but in an elegant and stylish way.

ReputationRep:
    Halterneck is the best, especially one with horizontal stripes - there are some really nice Nautical ones around at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend said yesterday that it doesn't matter what I look like in my swimwear anyway, he said I was fine as I am ^_^ [:

ReputationRep:
    bandeau

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.