Turn on thread page Beta

Hiya All

I am 23 and I'm constantly tired a lot, I get a very bad headaches to stage where i'm so drowsy and painful I have to sleep. I'm extremely forgetful (I have Dyspraxia) and I am constanty drinking coffee to keep me going. Yesterday and Tuesday was my worst days, i couldn't even read a book for fifteen minutes without falling asleep. i have been to doctor and she's sent me for blood tests, but that becomes a problem as they cannot get blood out of me, even a two nurses have tried with no luck. Some days I feel like I'm choking as my throat feels so sore and i'm constantly having nights when i don't sleep at all. I do exercise for thirrty minutes each day and that helps but only for a short time.

anaemia?

do you eat enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hiya All

I am 23 and I'm constantly tired a lot, I get a very bad headaches to stage where i'm so drowsy and painful I have to sleep. I'm extremely forgetful (I have Dyspraxia) and I am constanty drinking coffee to keep me going. Yesterday and Tuesday was my worst days, i couldn't even read a book for fifteen minutes without falling asleep. i have been to doctor and she's sent me for blood tests, but that becomes a problem as they cannot get blood out of me, even a two nurses have tried with no luck. Some days I feel like I'm choking as my throat feels so sore and i'm constantly having nights when i don't sleep at all. I do exercise for thirrty minutes each day and that helps but only for a short time.
    I think you may have anemia, tiredness, lack of concentration are common symptoms.

Try to eat eggs or spinach, eggs has iron and vitamin B12, while spinach has those two and vitamin C. The only thing I can say for the headaches is try to a lot of water.

Just hang in there until your blood test results come back :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    On average how much sleep would you say you get a night? I think your root problem is insomnia, and all the other things are secondary to this - you feel tired all the time - because you don't get enough sleep, you try to overcome this with caffeine which leads to the headaches. This fits with what you say about exercise as exercise will make you more alert temporarily from the adrenaline rush. On the topic of your throat, how long has that been going on for? Could it be related to dehydration? What brings it on or makes it go away? Thinking its anaemia is a little silly at this stage - the most common cause of tiredness is....(our survey says) not getting enough sleep!! Unfortunately this is not much help as insomnia is more a symptom of another underlying problem rather than the problem itself, so this is something to look into (there are a whole host of causes of insomnia).

ReputationRep:
    its also entirely possible the sore throat is a symptom of you drinking too much coffee. Try drinking less coffee and getting more real sleep if you can. In the meantime your doctor should be able to rule things out with or without blood tests. When you next go, make sure you give him/her the full story, including details you think might be irrelevant.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    tell the nurse he/she can try your femoral vein..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.