Turn on thread page Beta

How to be more chilled out? watch

I can't...I'm naturally uptight and get tense and irritated with people a lot....like say if someone takes ages to tell a story, if someone talks to me while I'm watching TV, if someone randomly asks to see me and I'm not ready, if I can't get my hair to look good, if I have had one hour less sleep. It's really draining and I really want to make a resolution to be more laid back and positive. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    I feel this this some times, but you wouldn't know it, go for a jog....It'll chill you out, endorphins and all that

ReputationRep:
    I'm just like that and tbh, I don't think I'm ever gonna change, I just think it's part of my personality. Of course there's a difference between uptight and plain intolerant. You can be uptight yet tolerant of other people - that's something to think about perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    I get like this too, I think it helps to take a step back and just zone everything out.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm just like that and tbh, I don't think I'm ever gonna change, I just think it's part of my personality. Of course there's a difference between uptight and plain intolerant. You can be uptight yet tolerant of other people - that's something to think about perhaps.
    That's true....I don't think people have picked up on it, but it stresses me out inside and makes me feel weird. When I'm around someone excessively laid back and non analytical it's such a refreshing thing! Unless they're overly relaxed, that can annoy me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's true....I don't think people have picked up on it, but it stresses me out inside and makes me feel weird. When I'm around someone excessively laid back and non analytical it's such a refreshing thing! Unless they're overly relaxed, that can annoy me too!
    Yeah I know what you mean, my bf's the complete opposite of me (and you!) and he doesn't get 'riled up' about anything - it drives me mad sometimes! lol. But we're all different so you've gotta learn to be tolerant of those differences.

ReputationRep:
    The ability to be careless is a blessing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Smoke a joint. Blast some music. Then when your vision gets back to normal, play call of duty modern warefare 2. Very stress relieving.

There's nothing blasting a round of bullets into some dudes chest and if your good an extra 50 points for a headshot.

You can't get anymore chill than that.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Yeah I know what you mean, my bf's the complete opposite of me (and you!) and he doesn't get 'riled up' about anything - it drives me mad sometimes! lol. But we're all different so you've gotta learn to be tolerant of those differences.
    I know. I am trying to be chilled out but it's really tough! Today my dad kept talking with his mouth open and I got so irritated! And my mum kept asking me to repeat things back to her and I started getting annoyed with that too. I need to stay caaalm! Ur lucky ur bfs calm, mine's even more uptight than me...I need a calming influence.

ReputationRep:
    Get high. Like, now.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8

(Original post by ParadigmShift)
    Get high. Like, now.
    I know but it's not a permanent solution is it.

ReputationRep:
    I know but it's not a permanent solution is it.
    It can be if you want it to be. :awesome:

It can be if you want it to be. :awesome:
    I didn't come on TSR to be enticed into taking drugs! But yeah, from time to time some alcohol does me the world of good.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't come on TSR to be enticed into taking drugs! But yeah, from time to time some alcohol does me the world of good.
    There you go! Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    Not posting all of life's problems on an internet forum would be a start No but seriously, instead of letting your first thought be 'ugh how freaking inconsiderate/annoying is this', take a deep breath, and think instead 'okay, how can I make this work'

ReputationRep:
    Today my dad kept talking with his mouth open and I got so irritated!
    ..?

ReputationRep:
    Try getting a massage. That works for me especially when I'm tired or if I'm annoyed with someone. Also, people who work there are generally good listeners.

There you go! Problem solved.
    Shame it comes with the hangover. Thanks though!

(Original post by Ryan W)
    ..?
    LOL that was meant to read "eating and talking with his mouth open".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.