The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nimba
Do you really think they will phoneup the companies to check? Lolz
They tend to check if they suspect that the numbers you have been providing are fraudulent, other than that I highly doubt it that they will spend their time making all those phone calls just to check.
I was on jsa for quite a few months and not ones did they ever check the number I provided.

They don't do every single company, they do them at random every few weeks. At my local one they actually do do this.
Nimba
Do you really think they will phoneup the companies to check? Lolz
They tend to check if they suspect that the numbers you have been providing are fraudulent, other than that I highly doubt it that they will spend their time making all those phone calls just to check.
I was on jsa for quite a few months and not ones did they ever check the number I provided.

Random checks are done on jobs you're given at the jobcentre as well as others you've told us about. It's quite interesting spending the day phoning companies to find out if people have lied! We don't have time to check everyone, but a random sampling is done quite often.

On the contrary, I would say that they don't have sufficient checks inplace to spot false claims.
I know someone who claims jsa and student loan, this surely shouldnt be possible.

Again, the vast majority of claims are genuine. People will always know of one or 2 that aren't but that's far from the norm. To be honest if you know someone who's cheating the system you should report them. You may not pay tax now but if/when you do I'm sure you wouldn't want people taking it when they shouldn't.

Latest

Trending

Trending