Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: What do you think of american accents? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've wanted to live in the UK(London) for quite a while and I'm curious what British girls think of guys with American accents? Living in New York, I found that girls found guys with British accents very cute. Does it work the other way as well? What sort of first impression to British girls get when they hear that accent?

ReputationRep:
    love them =)

ReputationRep:
    Depends on which area of the US but in general, pretty tasty

ReputationRep:
    They're ******* sexy! Except really Southern accents, not too keen on them.

It really depends on the accent. Because it's a huge country and there's many many different ones. But personally, I find the stereotype accent (ie: the main ones you get in tv/films etc) really cute/hot.

Individuals vary though.

ReputationRep:
    Most of them sound a bit retarded and some sound pretentious, not a fan

ReputationRep:
    loving the positive feedback :woo:

i'm referring to the generic New York accent

ReputationRep:
    Not really a fan myself I'm afraid...but if I liked the guy it wouldn't put me off.

sometimes a little annoying??

ReputationRep:
    On guys sexy :coma:

on girls...lets just say no comment :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arctic_toon)
    loving the positive feedback :woo:

i'm referring to the generic New York accent
    I like it pretty much! Very charming

ReputationRep:
    Hot. But it depends where they're from. A Texan drawl is the sexiest accent in the world, for me personally. The likes of Matthew McConaughey, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, for example. Absolute sex.

ReputationRep:
    Sound like chuck bass? yesss.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They are sexy XDD

LOVE THEM

ReputationRep:
    NY accent is pretty cool, although I'm not really a fan of American accents generally. CA ones wind me up a bit, I just want to say 'MUST you pronounce every letter!' Conversations took for ever.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand it personally, I find it crazily annoying and it sounds so pretentious and insincere. My opinion of it is probably affected by how I feel about America as a whole though, I could probably cope but you would be friend-zone at most. I have American relatives and I actually cannot abide their accent, they are lovely, their accents are terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon Person)
    Dude. Dude. Dude.
    Haha. You said in the other thread you don't mind Northern (English) accents, right? I don't know you but I like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon Person)
    Greetings :shakehand:
    Hai :hello:

ReputationRep:
    I used to think I hated american accents till I got a call from some long lost american friend of mine..
    Fell in love with it ( his accent, never mind him):sogood:

ReputationRep:
    there's a lot of accent related threads today personally not a fan

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.