The Student Room Group

How to sell a bag that nobody wants.

I got this really awful bag for christmas from my grandmother as you can see i have tried to sell it on ebay, this is the third time i've relisted it. I know it says £15, i don't really expect it to go at that price, it was wishful thinking when it didn't go for £5. But as you can see this bag screams chav and i can't imagine anyone ever wanting it but how can i get rid of it? Preferably making money from it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What is "smallish"? Be specific.
Reply 2
Donate it to the local Charity shop...if you're not going to make a lot of money from it might as well give them a chance to make something from it at least :yep:
Reply 3
Oh wow, that is truly awful, I feel for you:hugs:
Tell people it is filled with money and then fill it with play money?
Reply 5
"Contains the ghost of...." :p:
I've had to relist stuff plenty of times but everntually I sell them...just keep going!

Sometimes if you want to sell things that are 'less desirable' then you should start by lowering your starting bid price and just accepting what ever you get. At least you get profit no matter what as you were given the bag anyway!
Reply 7
Your description isn't great, measure it and say what you can fit in it.
fill it full of cocaine then sell it,
Oh dear. That's a pretty ugly bag. Your optimism is admirable but it'd be easier to just give it to a charity shop. Good luck though :smile:
"Vile pink chav bag.
Do you have a relative you despise?
Perhaps you've been wronged or recently betrayed by your neighbour, lover, mother or distant brother?
BUY THEM THIS BAG! And show them the true extent of your hatred, suitable for carrying spit and dog excrement".
There's no measurements, no description (how many pockets etc).

Say that they'll get a free bag of sweets with it?
Reply 12
hippieglitter
I got this really awful bag for christmas from my grandmother as you can see i have tried to sell it on ebay, this is the third time i've relisted it. I know it says £15, i don't really expect it to go at that price, it was wishful thinking when it didn't go for £5. But as you can see this bag screams chav and i can't imagine anyone ever wanting it but how can i get rid of it? Preferably making money from it.

Well, if you can't sell it...just give it to charity :smile:
I can't be the only person who finds it incredibly rude to sell things given as gifts from my grandmother.

I don't like some of things she's bought me, I wouldn't sell them though. It's called respect, bought with love etc..
Bubbles*de*Milo
I can't be the only person who finds it incredibly rude to sell things given as gifts from my grandmother.

I don't like some of things she's bought me, I wouldn't sell them though. It's called respect, bought with love etc..

I find it a bit sad as well tbh, but I guess it's different for everyone...
List it as Magic, say it's brought you amazing luck and you are selling it on to let someone else experience the magic....it worked for the amazon.com three wolf t-shirt :smile:
As others have said - the description is ridicuslously short.
Threaten someone to buy it.
Captain Nebula
"Vile pink chav bag.
Do you have a relative you despise?
Perhaps you've been wronged or recently betrayed by your neighbour, lover, mother or distant brother?
BUY THEM THIS BAG! And show them the true extent of your hatred, suitable for carrying spit and dog excrement".

Do you take paypal? :smile:
tbh I'd wrap it in Christmas paper and say you don't know what it is but it's an unwanted present from your now ex boyfriend. Some girl did that on ebay with a few bits and made a fair whack of cash

Latest

Trending

Trending