Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does this facebook post make me look a stalker watch

Announcements

delete rather than de-anon thanks

Currently at uni.....i always chat to this girl from my course after lectures whose in a different halls on campus. We see each other on nights out too and chat then.
    I added this girl on facebook a week back-(shes on my course plus we have like 30 mutual friends so her name came on my mini feed)
    Im quite confident and flirt so have earned a bit of a reputation for it...with alot of people callng me a player..

She accepted the friend request and wrote on my wall..."OMG you found me on here!..thanks for the add!!...definitely bump into you monday 9am lecture...take care xx"

im worried it makes me look ike a stalker...plus when my friends see it im bound to get more comments about being a player/which will put girls off too

Am i being paranoid ?
    what should i do

ReputationRep:
    I think you're being paranoid, I say the same thing to my mates too :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're doing pretty well to me. She obviously likes you.

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:

Naw. In short.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't make you look like a stalker at all; just someone who she sees and talks to occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing stalker-ish about any of that. You're being paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing stalker-ish about any of that. You're just a bit of a player.

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic. This is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are over-thinking facebook like many people do.

ReputationRep:
    Adding a girl on facebook...since when did that become stalker-ish?
    Unless ofcourse you are a stalker and it's your guilty conscious that's making you so paranoid!

(Original post by Playboy King)
    Adding a girl on facebook...since when did that become stalker-ish?
    Unless ofcourse you are a stalker and it's your guilty conscious that's making you so paranoid!
    Its the fact shes written "wow!..u finally found me on facebook!"...it makes it look like i specifically went out to add her?...my friend said it makes me look like a stalker?..i didnt think it did..simply cos people i know add people on facebook they barely know!

On top of that, with the whole player reputation it looks like shes another "target"-im worried it might put girls that im actually interested in off me (not interested in said girl)

ReputationRep:
    Why do people think into Facebook so much?
    :wtf:

EDIT:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    On top of that, with the whole player reputation it looks like shes another "target"-im worried it might put girls that im actually interested in off me (not interested in said girl)
    At that I did lol.

Wow, facebook really messes with some people's heads :| (not talking about the OP only)

It's fine OP, you're just paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me like you desperately wish you were a player, so feel the need to tell us with every sentence you write.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're just being paranoid, if you actually know her and have quite a lot of mutual friends, then what's the problem in adding her

(Original post by xxxpenguinnnxxx)
    I think you're just being paranoid, if you actually know her and have quite a lot of mutual friends, then what's the problem in adding her
    There isnt....its just her post where she says " you finally added me!"...my friend read that and said it makes it look like im a stalker and hav been looking all over facebook for her?..and looks like shes someone im trying it on with?..

im thinking of deleting the comment as I dont wanna give that impression

Good to see people think im being paranoid-much rather that tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Pathetic. This is pathetic.
    I guess if you post enough, you'll get it right occasionally.

+1

ReputationRep:
    Para-to-the-noid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There isnt....its just her post where she says " you finally added me!"...my friend read that and said it makes it look like im a stalker and hav been looking all over facebook for her?..and looks like shes someone im trying it on with?..

im thinking of deleting the comment as I dont wanna give that impression

Good to see people think im being paranoid-much rather that tbh
    ..Well you friend's an idiot!
    It actually doesn't make you look like a stalker...
    "you 'finally' added me" kinda implies that she wanted you to add her... and her whole comment seemed really friendly

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it. Get on that, she seems on it :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.