Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Good looking girls can always get a boyfriend. How true? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I always seem to hear people saying that if you're a good looking girl, it won't be hard for you to get a boyfriend. But really, how true is that?

I know a few pretty, available people who haven't been successful in that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its strictly true.
    Just because someones attractive, won't mean someones going to fancy/have a crush on/love them.

ReputationRep:
    very true, unfortunately.

nah. Most of my friends (who are very pretty) have never even had a boyfriend whereas i've had loads despite my mediocre looks (seriously, freckles, a massive scar amd frizzy hair)

ReputationRep:
    Unless she's a complete psycho ***** who gets too clingy in a relationship or has a really annoying laugh, all hot girls will have a million guys willing to die for a go on her.

ReputationRep:
    very true. full stop

ReputationRep:
    i dont think its true at all..
    not to sound vain but several guys have said they find me attractive, but none of them have ever wanted me as a girlfriend. and i know several stunning girls that havent had boyfriends either. i think its more than looks, but i dont know what lol..

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how crazy they are.

ReputationRep:
    Quite true IMO. The prettier you are, the more people (in this case, guys) will be attracted to you.

ReputationRep:
    Not true.

ReputationRep:
    True, but the quality of said boyfriend could be variable.

ReputationRep:
    I think the reaally good looking girls have no problem and neither do some ugly girls. It's the in-between people who find it hard, who are fairly pretty.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is. Like the OP, I know quite a few girls I'd class as really pretty who can't get themselves a boyfriend.

Although, that being said, they could probably get somebody if they didn't mind going out with an idiot/manho.

ReputationRep:
    It's completely true, but may mean you end up going out with an absolute tosser.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's as black and white as that. There are lots of different reasons for not being able to get a boyfriend. I should know !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexuali)
    I don't think its strictly true.
    Just because someones attractive, won't mean someones going to fancy/have a crush on/love them.
    What planet are you living on? :dry:
    The majority of relationships are based on physical attraction, being attractive is exactly why someone's going to fancy them! Even the worst personality in a really attractive body will easily find a boyfriend. It's just the harsh reality of it, as much as people would like to think otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Personality is the main thing, then take the looks into consideration

ReputationRep:
    not true, I know many beautiful girls who are single as you wouldn't go near their personalities with a bargepole

ReputationRep:
    unless they become the 'settler' in the relationship or find a really hot guy i can see how your statement is true

ReputationRep:
    It's true but doesn't necessarily mean they'll have a boyf; girls can be choosy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.