Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good looking girls can always get a boyfriend. How true? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous368)
    I always seem to hear people saying that if you're a good looking girl, it won't be hard for you to get a boyfriend. But really, how true is that?

I know a few pretty, available people who haven't been successful in that.
    they tend to be slightly less approachable... and they attract more *******s... it depends how they come across as I take most reeally hot girls as ONS material unless she proves she actually has some depth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostArtOfMurder)
    I don't think it's as black and white as that. There are lots of different reasons for not being able to get a boyfriend. I should know !
    aww, everything'll be ok ok? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes more people will be attracted to them but I think alot of people will just say "I wana shag her" not go out with them lmao!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's true. My friend is really pretty and has only had one boyfriend. It's not like she's particularly picky either - she goes out causally with lot's of people but they never want to take it further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mac29)
    aww, everything'll be ok ok? :p:
    Alright if you say so !

ReputationRep:
    I think attractive girls can always 'get' a boyfriend if they wanted one, but they have the ability to be choosy and remain single despite being inundated with offers because they're attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is true, it is possible for an attractive girl to always have a boyfriend but that's theory. In practise? I believe less so for the reason purely that guys don't always want to ask a girl out just after they've got out of a relationship or they're unsure if the girl likes them back

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I think attractive girls can always 'get' a boyfriend if they wanted one, but they have the ability to be choosy and remain single despite being inundated with offers because they're attractive.
    This as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    It's true but doesn't necessarily mean they'll have a boyf; girls can be choosy.
    This tbh
    Just because a girl is attractive doesn't mean that she'll find all the men interested in her attractive.
    They have it hard- every man wants to **** them, alot of her friends are jealous. It's pretty hard to distinguish between the boys who just want some action and who want a LTR. Even then, she wouldn't have enough time for herself if she gave time to every guy with good intentions. Good looking girls have to be picky tbh.

I think how easy you find pairing up is down to your personality, and really has very little to do with your appearance.

Because there's usually people on the same attractiveness level for almost everyone.

You might be jealous of your more attractive female friend who gets lots of "offers". But loads of these she won't be interested in. If she has a personality that is very recepetive to relationships, and finds it easy to interact romantically, sure she might find it slightly easier than a less attractive girl with the same personality.

But really an unattractive girl who is very good at relationships/geared toward them will have an easier time than a more attractive girl who is very anxious about relationships/has a singleton kinda personality.

Thinking of girls I know - how successful they are with bfs seems largely unconnected to their appearance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's true, I have have some mega-munty bfs.... so really anyone can get a munter, you don't have to be pretty.

ReputationRep:
    not really true, some unattractive girls seem to always have a bf and its not because they have a great personality. Really attrattive girls may be seen as less approachable, some men might think they are not good enough so they won't try.

ReputationRep:
    I sense a pattern.

Girls say it isn't true.
    Boys say it is.

IMO You may not get more boyfriends, but if you are honestly good looking you will definitely get approached a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    Not true. Men may not be picky when it comes to no-strings sex, but when it comes to relationships there are more factors than just looks.

Most people on here on getting confused, thinking the "oh, most men will shag any half-decent looking girl" statement applies to proper relationships as well. Men are always looking for a shag, they're not always looking for a relationship. You won't find many men desperate enough for sex that they will enter a full-blown relationship with any good looking girl just to satisfy their needs (with the exception of TSR's virgin males) , we are picky too.

ReputationRep:
    Not true.Very attractive girls often have very high standards - wealth,looks,body,personality.. it is not always easy to find a guy/man that fits all this.Moreover, the competition among girls for such guys is severe.

ReputationRep:
    Well they might not have had the most long-term relationships, but somehow all the ugly chavvy girls seem to have the most sex.

ReputationRep:
    The guys on this forum are so desperate its pathetic. Any hot girl can not get a guy to her standard that is a straight up fact why would she be able to?

ReputationRep:
    maybe they are annoying?
    high standards?
    crazy psychotic personality?

ReputationRep:
    Literally every girl on this thread has said no, whereas the men have said yes.

C'mon ladies, it's stone cold ******* true.

ReputationRep:
    I think most good-looking girls don't have boyfriends as they much prefer the single life, flirting and getting guys drooling at their feet - which a bf wouldn't be as happy about. Plus most people on here are in their teens - thus not many people have settling down high up on their priorities!

I would say it's probably an even split of who has boyfriends out of people I know! The same can be said for guys tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamkund)
    Literally every girl on this thread has said no, whereas the men have said yes.

C'mon ladies, it's stone cold ******* true.
    Becasue it's not true, that's why the answer is 'no' :p:
    Pretty girls can easily find a **** buddy but not necessarily a boyfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.