Turn on thread page Beta

Good looking girls can always get a boyfriend. How true? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, yes, obviously ANYBODY can get some kind of boyfriend/girlfriend....
    But the most attractive people tend to have dead high standards, so they just have to be fulfilled

ReputationRep:
    pretty girls obviously know they are pretty so don't really need to feel they are in a rush to find a bf. they are in a position to wait to find someone of they're choosing and not get rushed into the pressure of having a boyfriend like a lot of moron girls who think that is the be all and end. it's heartening to know that these girls actually have more substance in them and perhaps do more things themselves and develop themselves even further

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely true, as (even without desirable personality) there will always be takers for good looks.

I think we need to step off of the moral high-horses.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but in my experience they are infinitely more picky so they often don't :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on the situation. In general, the prettier girls tend to get more guy attention, whilst the not-so-pretty don't always get it. Other factors count: personality, shyness, tendency to go out etc., so there are still plenty of pretty girls without boyfriends and less attractive ones who always seem to have one.

I don't think it's true. A lot of guys can get intimidated or assume because the girl is attractive that she automatically has a boyfriend so they don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    just because some girls don't have a boyfriend or have never had one, does not mean they can't get a boyfriend. some girls don't want one. like me for example, i simply don't want a boyfriend now and a lot of girls go for a boy just for the sake of it, i wouldn't ever do that because it's such a waste of time, i could be doing so many better things than spending time with someone i'm not really bothered about. not to mention the unfairness of leading them on.

ReputationRep:
    Being pretty =/= having a decent personality.
    And it tends to be the personality, rather than the attractiveness, that lands somebody a partner.

Depends how slutty she is and yeah, some guys are complete bimbos so it'll be like a fly attracted to that blue light thing, which I don't remember the name of :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Becasue it's not true, that's why the answer is 'no' :p:
    Pretty girls can easily find a **** buddy but not necessarily a boyfriend.
    Tomata', tamata'

In this age, they're practically conjoined. Stop being in such denial.

ReputationRep:
    Not true. I have a friend who is beautiful. She has dated many people etc. but NEVER had an actual boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    True to an extent. Personality is MUCH more important though IMO. Obviously attraction is needed, but that varies from person 2 person.

ReputationRep:
    Poll poll poll poll! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    I always thought it was.

ReputationRep:
    Can be true, but they tend to attract the wrong guys (shallow and only after one thing).

Not always the case, but from what I've seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    I think the reaally good looking girls have no problem and neither do some ugly girls. It's the in-between people who find it hard, who are fairly pretty.
    Thats so true...theyre confused and dont kno what to invest in more the personality or looks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolololol)
    Can be true, but they tend to attract the wrong guys (shallow and only after one thing).

Not always the case, but from what I've seen.
    yh agreee...which is why the goodlookin girls stay single as they believe guys r only after that 1 thing

ReputationRep:
    Not true

ReputationRep:
    I think they get more option if more guys find them attractive. However, i've got gorgeous friends who have never had a boyfriend. Alot of the time, guys are intimidated by them or just assume they're taken so they don't make a move. I don't think the statement is strictly true.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. All boys say true, all girls say not true. Its true though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.