Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good looking girls can always get a boyfriend. How true? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imjustinexo)
    I think you need to start thinking in another perspective. I have a friend who is completely stunning. She's told this all the time, yet she's never had a boyfriend, or even dated someone. She never gets that kind of attention from boys. Reason? No self confidence. She was bullied for 7 years and has been that beaten down that she's one of the most shy people I know. She's still bullied slightly to this day, and even though she's possibly the most beautiful girl in the school; she thinks that she's the ugliest, fattest girl alive. She is neither. So you're going to tell me, that a guy would put up with her constant ridiculous mood swings, depression, constant crying and thinking that she's the ugliest being alive. Just because she's beautiful?
    Maybe she has a rubbish personality. I know some girls who are gorgeous but at the same time I'm not attracted to them because of certain character flaws, like if they're a ***** to some people for no real reason, or can't hold a conversation. I'm not saying your friend is like that and besides don't forget your opinion is warped.. i mean is she really the most beautiful person in the school? There are reasons partially, but it comes down to luck as well. Right place, right time, right situation.

ReputationRep:
    Probably could, just too picky so havent found the right person.

ReputationRep:
    Of course they can get a boyfriend more easily than less attractive girls. There'll be more guys out there sexually attracted to them.. If they settle with anyone of these guys, it's done, they'll get a bf. That's not to say these guys aren't probably just in it for sex, or just to have a hot gf; but if a good looking girl wanted any random bf she could find one more easily than any other less attractive girl.

Obviously, if you're thinking about quality of boyfriends, being able to keep the guy's attention, and actual hot girls having high standards etc.. that's another issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Maybe she has a rubbish personality. I know some girls who are gorgeous but at the same time I'm not attracted to them because of certain character flaws, like if they're a ***** to some people for no real reason, or can't hold a conversation. I'm not saying your friend is like that and besides don't forget your opinion is warped.. i mean is she really the most beautiful person in the school? There are reasons partially, but it comes down to luck as well. Right place, right time, right situation.
    That's what I'm saying. Guys aren't that shallow. Well, the majority aren't. Just because a girl's really pretty, doesn't mean that he'll want to be her boyfriend. My exact point being that a lot of guys aren't likely to be attracted to someone that's unhappy. No, I wouldn't say that she is THE most beautiful person in the school. Definitely in the top 10 though. I just don't see how a lot of people here are able to say that guys just go for looks when it comes to relationships. Because if they are, surely they'd be just as happy with a robot? Guys that are like that are useless. No wonder they're so desperate.

too true. and they know they have a huge choice of guys, and as a result, will lead many of them on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imjustinexo)
    That's what I'm saying. Guys aren't that shallow. Well, the majority aren't. Just because a girl's really pretty, doesn't mean that he'll want to be her boyfriend. My exact point being that a lot of guys aren't likely to be attracted to someone that's unhappy. No, I wouldn't say that she is THE most beautiful person in the school. Definitely in the top 10 though. I just don't see how a lot of people here are able to say that guys just go for looks when it comes to relationships. Because if they are, surely they'd be just as happy with a robot? Guys that are like that are useless. No wonder they're so desperate.
    Well to be honest, a hell of a lot of guys would be with someone based purely on looks. Lets consider that this forum does not contain your average guy on the street.

ReputationRep:
    True imo. But whether those relationships come to anything really does depend on something more than good looks.

ReputationRep:
    Very true. YOu'd be surprised at how many guys get a gf for 'sex on tap' and to boost their social status. Most of my mates would go out with any fit girl if they could when they barely even know her.

Sucks really, because the really pretty girls get an overinflated ego of themselves, just because a load of tards throw themselves at them. Looks aren't everything. I want both.

ReputationRep:
    True in some cases, not true in other cases?

I know of a few pretty girls, who have had a few, if any relationships in the past.
    This particular girl I know she's Iranian, and I must say she is honestly the prettiest girl i've seen (and i'm a girl!)
    I don't know if it's the make-up, the way she dresses or whatever, but ALOT of guys are attracted to her, when I walk with her, heads turn 360 lol, no jokes! She's had alot of people ask her out, but she's picky, very picky.
    Like someone said before she knows she can choose whoever she wants, so she can afford to be as picky as she is.
    I think sometimes, guys don't approach good-looking girls because either they're intimidated or they think she must already be taken.

(Original post by Anonymous368)
    I always seem to hear people saying that if you're a good looking girl, it won't be hard for you to get a boyfriend. But really, how true is that?

I know a few pretty, available people who haven't been successful in that.
    Very true. When I was younger (and I thoroughly regret this now) I got jealous a friend had a crush on my crush and he liked her back, so I pretended to be her and made a fake email account and he flirted back. I then (still pretending to be the pretty girl) emailed another guy and he immediately flirted back. So yep it is true.

ReputationRep:
    Personality counts too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    What planet are you living on? :dry:
    The majority of relationships are based on physical attraction, being attractive is exactly why someone's going to fancy them! Even the worst personality in a really attractive body will easily find a boyfriend. It's just the harsh reality of it, as much as people would like to think otherwise.

I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying that JUST because someones gorgeous, doesn't mean its easier for them to get a boyfriend. I know plenty of good looking girls (or have potential to be..) who are horrible people, or with no sense of humour for example, and they haven't got boyfriends..

ReputationRep:
    If you look at it, maybe good looking girls can always get a boyfriend, but you'll find that it's actually the unattractive ones who get the meaningful relationships.

After all, if you're unattractive, guys won't use you for your body. They won't get with you for shallow reasons.. it'd have to be something more than that, and sometime not being the most attractive person in the world isn't always a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd say that's generally true, but doesn't pan out that way in real life.

I have a very attractive friend who is also very shy, and has never had a proper boyfriend. I am quite mediocre in the looks department and have had a few.
    She always gets more male attention, but some of the prospective males she draws I really don't envy her for... I get quite protective of her amidst the general lechers.

if a girl who good looking but a 'loser' rarely speaks to anyone and hides away not many guys would approach her because her good looks wouldn't shine through if she dressed like crap and had no confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexuali)
    I'm not disputing that, I'm just saying that JUST because someones gorgeous, doesn't mean its easier for them to get a boyfriend. I know plenty of good looking girls (or have potential to be..) who are horrible people, or with no sense of humour for example, and they haven't got boyfriends..
    I disagree, I think good looks alone can get you a partner...not an ideal partner, not in an ideal relationship, but there are enough superficial people in the world that would go for stunning looks + crap personality.

Besides, the fact that those girls don't have boyfriends doesn't necessarily mean they can't get boyfriends...it may be because they don't want one, havn't tried to get one or just have some standards that havn't been met yet. There are just as many horrible boys with no sense of humour as there are girls...so if worse comes to worst they can always be with somebody of their own mentality.

I think the question being asked here is simply can a good looking girl get a boyfriend...regardless of the standard of the boyfriend or the relationship, is it possible? I think the answer to that is yes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Not true at all..in my case. People say I'm good looking, but my first boyfriend dumped me for someone else and I havent had one since. And that was in early December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    Not true at all..in my case. People say I'm good looking, but my first boyfriend dumped me for someone else and I havent had one since. And that was in early December.
    What comes around goes around, she'll probably leave him for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam89)
    What comes around goes around, she'll probably leave him for someone else.
    I know. But I honestly loved him. Im just unlucky in lurrrvee:yep:.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not true. I know loads of pretty girls that are single.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.