Turn on thread page Beta

Good looking girls can always get a boyfriend. How true? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lauren)
    Definitely not true. I know loads of pretty girls that are single.
    like yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    like yourself?
    no, sorry. i have a boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    Appearance can certainly be a huge advantage, but its never the only thing that helps a girl get boyfriend(s).
    I'v seen plenty of gorgeous young women who either have a terrible voice (which would destroy any erection) or have an IQ equivalent to their age, or are simply arrogant by nature. Don't know about the horny men out there, but such girls would never appeal to me. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Totally true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lauren)
    no, sorry. i have a boyfriend
    what a pity :rolleyes:
    was just joking btw

ReputationRep:
    I would say this is true. Physical attraction is what most people look for.

ReputationRep:
    Well...they are more likely to get a boyfriend compared to the ones who aren't as fortunate in the looks department.

I'm an attractive girl who could get a boyfriend by the end of the week if I wanted.

But, I admit, I'm very fussy about the qualities of a potential boyfriend which is why getting someone I'd be 100% happy with wouldn't happen. Not for shallow reasons either. In fact, the most important factor is that I would have to get on with him incredibly well, as in sharing similar interests, a similar sense of humour and level of intelligence.

I dont understand people who feel a need to always be in a relationship. I have had such a good time being single, and although I do miss having a closeness with someone, I often prefer being independant while I'm young.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, they can always get a **** if they want but not necessarily a boyfriend. My hottest mate wants a bf but she's only ever had one night stands or flings.

ReputationRep:
    Replace the word always with are more likely to.

would this apply to guys?

ReputationRep:
    It's really easy to get one.. doesn't mean it's the person you actually want!

ReputationRep:
    100% true. Unless of course they are a whore.

ReputationRep:
    Depends...but a really pretty girl will more than likely have at least one guy after her (because they just judge her on her looks) but she may not like that guy and not have found the right boy yet, so therefore thats why shes single.

Overall personality is key! A not so pretty girl with an amazing personality will probably always get more guys than a pretty girl with a very dull personality.

...Its finding that level of personality & looks. and obviously a boys preferance - some guys may be happy going for just looks - others will think personality is more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    nah. Most of my friends (who are very pretty) have never even had a boyfriend whereas i've had loads despite my mediocre looks (seriously, freckles, a massive scar amd frizzy hair)
    STFU freckles are hot.

It's not true though, not for every good looking girl.

ReputationRep:
    Tto an extent. But she could be a total *****?

ReputationRep:
    Of course its true unfortunately .........thats how cruel and unjust this world is ! Its so dumb. Its like choosing a dish that looks well presented but tastes crap lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megara)
    I know. But I honestly loved him. Im just unlucky in lurrrvee:yep:.
    Aww, he didn't deserve you anyway if he left you for someone else. We've all been there hun, including me, but one day you'll find the right person :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Good looking girls can always get a boyfriend if they want any old guy. This is not the case however because finding a good looking guy who isn't up his own a-hole is difficult these days...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely true!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.