Turn on thread page Beta

My iphone terribly damage but no insurance! help please! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've had a terrible day today because I dropped my iphone when I was rushing out of my house. When I picked it up, I saw the front screen all cracked into pieces. :cry: All the pieces could have flown apart but thankfully, they didn't because I had a protected invisible screen on the iphone touch screen so the pieces were all staying in place. But the problem is I have no insurance on my iphone and I am not on contract anymore. I am on SIM card contract only. I checked the insurance websites but they will only accept if the invoice for the purchase was within 6 months and mine is over 6 months now.:cry2: I asked a shop and they said they can fix it but it'll cost about 40 pounds. SO what should I do? Should I fix it or just do another contract maybe this time with vodafone? any advice? please help! thanks! :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    HMMM maybe you should have got insurence?
    get insurance, say nothing, use the SIM in a different phone so it looks like its still being used, then claim asap.

ReputationRep:
    fix it for 40.

ReputationRep:
    £40 sounds pretty cheap to get it fixed, i'd personally go for that. Providing you have a spare £40 of course.

Most places that fix phones will give you an 6-12 month guarantee as well.

ReputationRep:
    Insurance is a *****. I didn't get any for mine...epic rip-off. Luckily my phone's okay so far
    But yeah, you can get it fixed at certain places for a relatively small amount of money.

ReputationRep:
    That mini insurance scam posted looks like a good option, but £40 does seem very good for a one off anyway. And get a case :P. Also Max, that sig is strangely awesome.

ReputationRep:
    you wont pay £40 to get it fixed? Thats a steal, I was quoted £100 and £140 for my iPhone

ReputationRep:
    no advice here. just wanna say ahahhahahaha HA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    you wont pay £40 to get it fixed? Thats a steal, I was quoted £100 and £140 for my iPhone
    I don't know. My friends went to this little shop (the ones where they sell phone cards and stuff) and the guys there said about 40 pounds. What about doing a new 45 pound contract with vodafone? Do you it's a better choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLTR)
    I don't know. My friends went to this little shop (the ones where they sell phone cards and stuff) and the guys there said about 40 pounds. What about doing a new 45 pound contract with vodafone? Do you it's a better choice?
    Get it replaced by apple ?

Apple store will replace any phone in or out of warranty. If its damaged you pay a certain amount. Depends on the model. Old iPhones can be replaced for a refurb/new one for about £90 I think. Maybe less depending on the model.

ReputationRep:
    Just get it fixed - it is the cheapest option (if at £40). Iphone insurance is high - and you will most likely have to pay excess on it - to top it off, insurance fraud is illegal -_-.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.