Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering what is each of your tattoo experience(s) like??

I've not got tattoos but am getting them on both my wrists in a few months. I'm not bothered about the pain, but am wondering what others have experienced?
    A friend told me it was like self-harming (cutting).

Also, if any of you have had tattoo(s) on your inner wrist(s) then do describe the pain or whatever for me =D

Lastly, feel free to show pics.
    TTFN

ReputationRep:
    I have a tattoo on my hip, and it frigging hurt! I imagine it's something like dragging a razor blade across your skin.
    I would be wary of getting one on my wrist though... hard to cover up for work, or when you don't like it anymore....

ReputationRep:
    I have a tattoo on my upper arm and it didn't hurt. Although i did sweat alot. I also had a tattoo on my stomach, but i was drunk and can't remember how that one felt. :juggle:

ReputationRep:
    I have a tattoo on my wrist that I got just over a year ago. It wasn't painful at all, in fact when the guy finished I wanted something else done immediately! But I have always had a tolerance for pain, so it just depends on your tolerance. I'm gonna get another one hopefully in March which wll be on my chest and I have heard that one hurts, so I'm gearing up fo that 1!

ReputationRep:
    I have one on my bicep. Hurt like hell and bled a lot. That was over 3 weeks ago and it's pretty much healed now

ReputationRep:
    I got a tattoo on my lower back, it felt like someone was dragging a knife through my skin, I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. Wish I'd never go it done now, think very carefully before you go fot it.

ReputationRep:
    Mine wasn't horrendous, actually. It hurt, and maybe it hurt a bit more than I was expecting, but it wasn't so bad I thought I was going to pass out or anything - I have a few piercings, and I've felt VERY queasy after each of them. I'm absolutely fine with tattoos!

As for the being like self harming... I'm not sure what you mean entirely. It's the same type of pain, but your adrenaline is just that little bit more

Pic in the spoiler!

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    None of my 8 tattoos hurt. Some were uncomfortable but I wouldnt say I felt pain- the ones on my wrist just felt like being scratched.

ReputationRep:
    I have a tattoo on my inner wrist, I'd upload pics but I haven't got any on this pc! It really didn't hurt as much as I thought it would though, it was kind of a mix between a burn and a scratch - that's the only way I can think of describing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brionyequus)

A friend told me it was like self-harming (cutting).
    :lolwut: I've done both, they aren't the same imo.

Mine's on my shoulder blade, it only felt like a light scratching (sp?) and I wanted to wack it away as it sounded like some form of wasp in my ear hole! Oh, and it also slightly tickled the closer it got to my arm pit :laugh:

I would upload a picture, but cba and don't want people to realise it's me (My tat was designed/drawn by me) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have one on my inner wrist, on the right side of the right wrist. It didn't hurt much at all, except a little more when it got closer to the bone. It felt kind of like driving your nails into your skin. However, I have a friend who got one on the inner wrist, it's a word across the whole width, and she said that when it got to the "veiny" side she felt sick and puked because of the pain...

ReputationRep:
    ive got one on my shoulder pad one, on my rib cage one on my hip, one on my lower back and one on my right wrist going up my hand. So thats five, dont think im some overly tattoo'd wierdo though, everyone i ever meet carnt believe ive even got one. im described as bookish and quite mostly. i didnt find any of them hurt but be warned, i regret them all but one now. its been 10 years since i had my first and im just in the process of having the one on my wrist removed which does hurt LIKE HELL the pain of having them done is nothing in comparison to having them removed. im having to have 10 treatments at £95 pound a time with no guarentee of full removal so really wish i hadnt had that one done now

ReputationRep:
    Its all about individual pain threshold, my tat is on my hip, you will find closer to the bone the sensation is hightened, but not unbearable. Really not a great deal of pain at all

ReputationRep:
    having second thought if put a tattoo on my skin.. i think it is so painful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)

Your heel is remarkably red. :moon:

Also do your stars mean anything or was it just a tattoo for teh lols?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Your heel is remarkably red. :moon:

Also do your stars mean anything or was it just a tattoo for teh lols?
    It was remarkably red because it was the day I'd had it done :yep:

It's pretty much a third to do with my being obsessed with space and stars, a third to represent my friends, and family, and a third for the lolz.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.