The Student Room Group

do you compete against other people to get more facebook friends+photos?

question in title:biggrin:

people i know are always trying to get more facebook friends and take about 100+ photos on every night out they have. it gets really depressing to be around people who dont value friendships but are in it for the competition due to facebook. wondering if everyone was the same as this or people can see through this facebook craze and obsession. thanks for all replies:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I think i'd kill myself before that started happening to me.
yep thats whyy itake pictures of myself in the mens toilets to post on facebook too :biggrin:
lol i notice that. a lot of people just go out for the sole purpose of having more pics on facebook. i don't have time or energy for that
Reply 4
No, because that would imply I have no real social life other than for the purposes of Facebook, which even if true is not something I'd want to advertise.
Reply 5
No, luckily my friends aren't idiots
No.
sad, sad ,sad, sad, sad, sad, sad!

how lame can you get and no i dont do that
no, i dont, because i have a life.
Reply 9
No, as I am a fairly rational human being
No, because I generally don't act like a tool.
wow... so many threads on facebook. :s-smilie: It shouldn't have so much impact on people :|

No I don't OP, that's just beyond pathetic!
No, I have about 20 pictures, I very rarely take new ones and the ones of me on nights out look terrible so I don't tag myself. And theres the fact that I'd lose my camera if I was out and would spend more time taking pictures than actually enjoying myself
-WhySoSerious?

This was EXACTLY what I was going to write. :woo:
Er no, and i'm pretty sure my friends don't think like that either

No one, well no one i know actually cares
Reply 15
No but I have some friends like that - taking pictures every 5 seconds just to post on facebook, its really annoying.
Reply 16
No. There are a few of my friends who upload and tag incessantly like a 100 photos from a night out. I don't see the point when it's a hundred of them in the same pub or something. Meh.
It's stupid when it's just the same repetitive 'MySpace' pose (holding your arm out holding the camera so you and a friend can squeeze in the shot together) with the owner of the camera and then another friend/randomer, and then another friend/randomer etc.
Reply 18
No.

I hate having my photo taken whilst out at a bar or something. It's nothing extraordinary and just looks so posed all the time. I de-tag myself in most photos people taken whilst we are out and tag myself in the interesting photos like snowboarding/climbing etc.
-WhySoSerious?

This a thousand times over!

Latest

Trending

Trending