Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of the following statement?

'I dont want to work.
    I hate work.
    Not the people, not the job, just because I have to do it.

I dont like that people are forced to get out their beds in the morning to keep capitalism ticking over. The system has done nothing but bring misery to the poor and wealth to the upper classes.

It is a system based on greed, money and inequality.
    Why would I be happy working fo such a scare-mongering dictatorship.

I agree that there are many healthy people out there who dont work. So what! Capitalism doesnt care. The tax payers will continue to pay for alot more than just benefits for the poor and Ronaldo will still get £80m.

There is no justice in a Capitalist system, there is not meant to be, it was not created for that reason.

It uses its people for profit.

Capitalism thrives on the poor, it needs them to survive. If everyone was rich and had more time on their hands, we could create a better system for ourselves, having more time to be proactive
    and having less negativity towards change.

To finish.. People are so wrapped up in their own problems; mortgages, bills, material possessions etc, that they do not have time to see the bigger issue.

Just what Capitalism intended'

Do you think this is correct or just something made up by those who don't want to work

ReputationRep:
    Don't work then if you don't want to. It's your choice but don't expect to keep taking tax-payers money.

Money makes the world go round i'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    It's not correct or incorrect, it's an opinion.

You could look at it as:

We are all chasing pretty paper which has no physical value.

But then again this pretty paper buys us what we need to survive and things we don't.

Capitalism allows a privileged few to have nice things.

Other systems have been tried, but greed is universal.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.