Turn on thread page Beta

Guy going clubbing for first time soon. watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as the title says, I'm going clubbing for the first time in a few weeks and I was just wondering what is acceptable/isn't acceptable.

I'm not into this whole cardigan/jumper phase everyone is going through atm because I'm usually just a t-shirt+hoody guy but hoodies are frowned upon in clubs and gets too hot anyway. Is it alright for me just to wear a nice t-shirt, jeans with some trainers? Are trainers ok because after watching that Inbetweeners episode where he isn't allowed in cos of his trainers I'm screwed because I'm not into the whole smart shoes thing. Are plimsolls ok?

Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear trainers. Plimsolls should be okay providing they're relatively nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Don't wear trainers. Plimsolls should be okay providing they're relatively nice.
    Erm, they are the bog standard Primark ones :eek3:

This smart business doesn't really appeal to me so I don't buy shirts, cardigans and jumpers :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what the club is like; generally jeans, t-shirt would be pretty standard - if it's a scummy to average club nice-ish trainers (i.e. Nike Airmax's) would be fine but maybe wear loafers or nice plimsolls to avoid any problems. If the club is a bit posher then jeans and a shirt and if it's really posh crack out the suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    Depends on what the club is like; generally jeans, t-shirt would be pretty standard - if it's a scummy to average club nice-ish trainers (i.e. Nike Airmax's) would be fine but maybe wear loafers or nice plimsolls to avoid any problems. If the club is a bit posher then jeans and a shirt and if it's really posh crack out the suit.
    I live in Cambridge but I think we'll be going here - http://www.revolution-bars.co.uk/

Haven't got a clue whether it's average or not

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the club. Normally I go in jeans/t shirt. But some clubs are more strict with their dress code (I have had friends turned away by the shoe nazis wearing plimsols)

Trainers are not a good idea anywhere though tbh

ReputationRep:
    Ah it means I need to buy some shoes or I could use my school shoes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skinny Noob)
    Not really. Plimsols are fine most places. It is only the more upmarket clubs that have shoe nazis on the door (I was not amused, even though I would have been fine)

So do you know whether the club is upmarket or not?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.revolution-bars.co.uk/

in Cambridge.

dunno if it helps - but thanks for your advice so far.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had problems with trainers in clubs, this is in London. I'm sure some places have a dress code, but it's unlikely if its a more studenty place.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.revolution-bars.co.uk/

in Cambridge.

dunno if it helps - but thanks for your advice so far.
    It looks nice!
    Can't see and obvious dress code...
    You could always phone them and ask if a dress code if you are worried/ask someone who has been

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I've never had problems with trainers in clubs, this is in London. I'm sure some places have a dress code, but it's unlikely if its a more studenty place.
    It depends where you go as I have said...

ReputationRep:
    "Revolution Vodka Bar Dress Code: smart/casual. Smart jeans are acceptable as are fashion trainers. Sashes, tiaras and veils allowed for Hen Party Groups.
    Not allowed: fancy dress, dirty or scruffy trainers, sports trainers, Timberland boots, hooded jumpers, caps or hats, combat trousers, sports wear."

"i have seen whole groups of hen nights celebrating there and it is always packed.
    As a bloke be aware that there is a dress code. Friends of mine were not let in because of flip flops and tshirts."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    "Revolution Vodka Bar Dress Code: smart/casual. Smart jeans are acceptable as are fashion trainers. Sashes, tiaras and veils allowed for Hen Party Groups.
    Not allowed: fancy dress, dirty or scruffy trainers, sports trainers, Timberland boots, hooded jumpers, caps or hats, combat trousers, sports wear."

"i have seen whole groups of hen nights celebrating there and it is always packed.
    As a bloke be aware that there is a dress code. Friends of mine were not let in because of flip flops and tshirts."
    Not fancy dress! :zomg:

Fancy dress in clubs is hilarious (and entire dancefloor filled with people dressed as bananas is hilarious)

But their you go OP your answer

ReputationRep:
    You may as well get some nice shoes because you will undoubtedly need a pair at some point and on more than one occasion and not just only at this club.

ReputationRep:
    are converse allowed?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you're going to Movida etc trainers will probably be fine

ReputationRep:
    what's this thing about trainers? I wear trainers every time I go into a club. They're good looking trainers. I've never had a problem.

What the **** are you all on about?!!

ReputationRep:
    Who honestly gives a toss about what you wear, it comes down to the matter of if you're gonna stick your p in a v at the end of the night.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha nowhere in Cambridge is going to turn you away based on your dress code! You REALLY have nothing to worry about.

For reference I went there dressed as a superhero last week..

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.