Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Anyone replying?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied last year, but just thought I'd chip in that both CSM and Kingston are quite competitive so unless you're very confident with your portfolio and you're lucky enough to get accepted, I'd apply to some other places as well.
im just really hoping that i get into one of them...because its too late to apply to anymore places.
I thought Kingston is easier to get into than CSM....i guess i was wrong.
Reply 4
Have they changed deadlines for foundation applications? I know that BA courses have two deadlines this year, but last year I was pretty lost as to where to apply after being rejected by Kingston and Chelsea (and Camberwell after clearing), but I applied to Ravensbourne and UCA in April and that was fine.
If I have a chance, I would probably apply to Ravensbourne too.
The deadline was the end of January.
I thought i'd have a pretty good chance of getting into Kingston....i didn't know that it is as competitive as CSM.
I applied for Chelsea, Kingston and UCA...
I got a place at UCA and I got an interview for Kingston next week...

me and my friend are the only people in the class who applied to more than one foundation course.
the rest of the art class and textile class only applied for UAL and are going to rely on the ual clearing if they don't get in.
missdevotional
I applied for Chelsea, Kingston and UCA...
I got a place at UCA and I got an interview for Kingston next week...

me and my friend are the only people in the class who applied to more than one foundation course.
the rest of the art class and textile class only applied for UAL and are going to rely on the ual clearing if they don't get in.

When did you have your potfolio review at Kingston?
my portfolio review for kingston was on 4th feb
Reply 9
I've also applied to Kingston as well as Camberwell and Amersham & Wycombe College.
lovebomb9
ooooh gosh i applied to the exact same places as u lol ..did u apply uca epsom?? plus i have my kton interview nxt wk too!! then chelsea portfolio review the wk after.. eeeek im scared lol

lol! yeah i did~ i was so nervous for the epsom interview (even though its my last choice) but it was pretty easy to get into lmao
my kingston interview is 2nd march! im so nervous! i HATE group interviews ): is yours on the 2nd as well? i need a friend :woo:
Reply 11
Hi I'm really new to this sorry to intrude into your forum... But I have a portfolio review on the 3rd of March at Chelsea for a Foundation diploma. Can anyone please help me with advice and JUST ANYTHING! What are you taking; how much, what is it?! God I'm really panicking! I can't sleep I'm so nervous! Any replies would be REALLY appreciated!
Thank you!!! xxx
Reply 12
smellaella
Hi I'm really new to this sorry to intrude into your forum... But I have a portfolio review on the 3rd of March at Chelsea for a Foundation diploma. Can anyone please help me with advice and JUST ANYTHING! What are you taking; how much, what is it?! God I'm really panicking! I can't sleep I'm so nervous! Any replies would be REALLY appreciated!
Thank you!!! xxx

I had a portfolio review at Camberwell a week ago and I would imagine that it would be the same as Chelsea, being part of the UAL. They don't specify a portfolio size, I saw A1 to A4 when I was there. Some people also brought in large scale work in addition to your portfolio. I personally photographed the large scale stuff amongst the 25 or pieces of work that I included in, in addition two sketchbooks from AS. The work itself was perhaps 50% school stuff (mostly paintings), 50% of my own work which ranged from paintings, photographs, drawings and a sculpture thrown in for good measure.

In terms of the review itself at we had a hour or so of presentations, then they let us explore the very small gallery next door, at Chelsea they may let you walk around Tate Britain afterwards I would imagine you would wait in the canteen like we did, whilst they are reviewing. The whole thing lasted exactly three hours, you don't get any feedback and they let you know in two weeks. I hope I've helped slightly!
how long after the portfolio review did they tell you that you've been invited for interview? Its been 6 days since I handed in my portfolio to them and Im really worried.This is for Kingston.
smellaella
Thank you!!! xxx

I suppose my interview at LCF was fairly similar to what yours will be considering it is part of UAL. I myself was so petrified and I am usually a very timid person however once the interview was over I realized just how petty my worrying was. I know it sounds cliché but there really is nothing to worry about! Just be confident in your work and i'm sure you will be fine

My interview basically consisted of a lot of waiting around as I was with a friend who had an interview in the morning...Someone came and collected the applicants from the cantine and took us to a room where the tutors were waiting. They basically described the course, applicant numbers and what they expect then we were sent back to the cantine to fill in a form of questions ranging from the last exhibition you visited to the last film you watched whilst the tutors looked at our portfolios we had left in the room. We then went back and were split into two groups and each applicant had to introduce themselves and talk about a piece of work, it sounds scary but it lasted for around a minute and everyone seemed to be feeling the same nerves really. After, they thanked us for coming and the interview was over. I received a reply around 4 weeks later saying I had been accepted. For my portfolio I took two sketchbooks on fashion projects I had done and also I had around 15 A1 sheets of work consisting of large fashion illustrations, life drawings and design boards.

I hope I could be of some help, sorry for the long description!
shalalalalala36
how long after the portfolio review did they tell you that you've been invited for interview? Its been 6 days since I handed in my portfolio to them and Im really worried.This is for Kingston.

I got invited to a Kingston interview via email two days after I picked it up from the uni on the Saturday.

smellaella
Thank you!!! xxx

Hii~ i had my chelsea portfolio review at beginning of this month.
Don't be nervous!! it'll be fine :biggrin: they dont talk to you about your portfolio~

You'll be told to follow them up to a room and each group will have a place to put their portfolios, unzip it and then someone will tell you to put your application form on top of it.
Then three hours later, you come back, we were waiting around for about half an hour, everyone was sitting in the corridor xD it was kinda funny. Most of the people go into Tate Britain and wander around for three hours. xD I went shopping :tongue:

I had an A1 portfolio, pretty much everyone had A1 also, some had A2~
I took 17 A1 sheets, 2 school sketchbooks and a personal reflective art journal.
I had life drawings, sculpture, painting work, observational drawing, self portrait photography and illustrations in mine.
most of my sculpture and paint work was school work, the other stuff was my own personal work~

I saw some people with canvases and boxes :s-smilie: with them, but we were told not to bring in original canvases ~ so i took photographs of my own canvases.

they said they'd tell us in 4weeks~ >< that should be approx. this week or next week for me *nervous*
Reply 16
missdevotional
I got invited to a Kingston interview via email two days after I picked it up from the uni on the Saturday.

Hii~ i had my chelsea portfolio review at beginning of this month.
Don't be nervous!! it'll be fine :biggrin: they dont talk to you about your portfolio~

You'll be told to follow them up to a room and each group will have a place to put their portfolios, unzip it and then someone will tell you to put your application form on top of it.
Then three hours later, you come back, we were waiting around for about half an hour, everyone was sitting in the corridor xD it was kinda funny. Most of the people go into Tate Britain and wander around for three hours. xD I went shopping :tongue:

I had an A1 portfolio, pretty much everyone had A1 also, some had A2~
I took 17 A1 sheets, 2 school sketchbooks and a personal reflective art journal.
I had life drawings, sculpture, painting work, observational drawing, self portrait photography and illustrations in mine.
most of my sculpture and paint work was school work, the other stuff was my own personal work~

I saw some people with canvases and boxes :s-smilie: with them, but we were told not to bring in original canvases ~ so i took photographs of my own canvases.

they said they'd tell us in 4weeks~ >< that should be approx. this week or next week for me *nervous*

Hey! Thank you so much for your advice it really helped! I got as much as I could ready I'm not very confident but knowing I don't have to talk about it makes it much better :smile: I included: life drawing, photography, painting and 2 sketchbooks. I really want to put everything I've ever done in but I've been advised not to. :confused:
Hopefully it will be fine but I'm not so sure. God if I'm nervous now imagine how bad I'll be afterwards! Haha. Anyway good luck with your result by the sounds of it you'll get it! :woo:
Thanks again x
Reply 17
KirstieMarie
I suppose my interview at LCF was fairly similar to what yours will be considering it is part of UAL. I myself was so petrified and I am usually a very timid person however once the interview was over I realized just how petty my worrying was. I know it sounds cliché but there really is nothing to worry about! Just be confident in your work and i'm sure you will be fine

My interview basically consisted of a lot of waiting around as I was with a friend who had an interview in the morning...Someone came and collected the applicants from the cantine and took us to a room where the tutors were waiting. They basically described the course, applicant numbers and what they expect then we were sent back to the cantine to fill in a form of questions ranging from the last exhibition you visited to the last film you watched whilst the tutors looked at our portfolios we had left in the room. We then went back and were split into two groups and each applicant had to introduce themselves and talk about a piece of work, it sounds scary but it lasted for around a minute and everyone seemed to be feeling the same nerves really. After, they thanked us for coming and the interview was over. I received a reply around 4 weeks later saying I had been accepted. For my portfolio I took two sketchbooks on fashion projects I had done and also I had around 15 A1 sheets of work consisting of large fashion illustrations, life drawings and design boards.

I hope I could be of some help, sorry for the long description!

No, thank you for your description it helped me see what'd could be like but mostly congratulations! :woo: Wish me luck for tomorrow! x
smellaella
Hey! Thank you so much for your advice it really helped! I got as much as I could ready I'm not very confident but knowing I don't have to talk about it makes it much better :smile: I included: life drawing, photography, painting and 2 sketchbooks. I really want to put everything I've ever done in but I've been advised not to. :confused:
Hopefully it will be fine but I'm not so sure. God if I'm nervous now imagine how bad I'll be afterwards! Haha. Anyway good luck with your result by the sounds of it you'll get it! :woo:
Thanks again x

Trust me, when i heard Chelsea only had a portfolio review, I was SO happy. But that didn't stop me and my friends secretly worried for three hours. :smile:
But today in my kingston interview, i felt really inadequate compared to the others in my group
>< i wanted to slyly leave the room with my portfolio. :tongue:

yeah dont put everything you've ever done, put your best work.
remember! quality, not quantity!!
good luck! hope you get in :biggrin: It's been 4weeks since my portfolio drop at Chelsea, should get a reply soon >________<
Reply 19
missdevotional
Trust me, when i heard Chelsea only had a portfolio review, I was SO happy. But that didn't stop me and my friends secretly worried for three hours. :smile:
But today in my kingston interview, i felt really inadequate compared to the others in my group
>< i wanted to slyly leave the room with my portfolio. :tongue:

yeah dont put everything you've ever done, put your best work.
remember! quality, not quantity!!
good luck! hope you get in :biggrin: It's been 4weeks since my portfolio drop at Chelsea, should get a reply soon >________<

I have a interview for Kingston in three weeks and was wondering how much work you need to take. How much work did you take/others take? I'm assuming you took in additional work rather than the portfolio which they have already seen? Surely they don't want to see it again :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending