Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emtoriaa)
    I have a interview for Kingston in three weeks and was wondering how much work you need to take. How much work did you take/others take? I'm assuming you took in additional work rather than the portfolio which they have already seen? Surely they don't want to see it again :confused:
    only two people in the group brought additional work - one girl brought a big canvas, and he didnt really look closely at it. another girl brought a rather cool resin hand thing.
    i was going to bring my three canvases, but i had to take three buses to get there, and im only about 5ft tall :p:
    Definitely take additional work if you can though, better to show the original work, right?

i just took the 17 sheets in my portfolio and sketchbooks. everyone else had about 20-25 sheets. >< i was standing there like "NOOOO!!"
    I think people added to the sheets they already had in their portfolio, but I wasn't able to sort it out in time because I had loads of other deadlines -__-

One guy had about 10 sketchbooks and only like 10 sheets~ it's different for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdevotional)
    only two people in the group brought additional work - one girl brought a big canvas, and he didnt really look closely at it. another girl brought a rather cool resin hand thing.
    i was going to bring my three canvases, but i had to take three buses to get there, and im only about 5ft tall :p:
    Definitely take additional work if you can though, better to show the original work, right?

i just took the 17 sheets in my portfolio and sketchbooks. everyone else had about 20-25 sheets. >< i was standing there like "NOOOO!!"
    I think people added to the sheets they already had in their portfolio, but I wasn't able to sort it out in time because I had loads of other deadlines -__-

One guy had about 10 sketchbooks and only like 10 sheets~ it's different for everyone.
    Ooh ok thanks, that was quite helpful. Good luck with Kingston also

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, when i heard Chelsea only had a portfolio review, I was SO happy. But that didn't stop me and my friends secretly worried for three hours.
    But today in my kingston interview, i felt really inadequate compared to the others in my group
    >< i wanted to slyly leave the room with my portfolio.

yeah dont put everything you've ever done, put your best work.
    remember! quality, not quantity!!
    good luck! hope you get in It's been 4weeks since my portfolio drop at Chelsea, should get a reply soon >________<

Aaaaarghhh! I'm too scared to check my emails... did you get in? Don't answer that.. it'll probably depress me even more! :P
    Thank god! I felt exactly the same!

Do you know anything about clearing when it comes to Chelsea? I didn't apply through UCAS so I'm not sure I qualify.. Thanks for your help

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellaella)
    Aaaaarghhh! I'm too scared to check my emails... did you get in? Don't answer that.. it'll probably depress me even more! :P
    Thank god! I felt exactly the same!

Do you know anything about clearing when it comes to Chelsea? I didn't apply through UCAS so I'm not sure I qualify.. Thanks for your help

x
    I got rejected from both kingston and chelsea I'm going to uca epsom ^^
    no one I know seems to be getting into chelsea.

UAL has it's own clearing system, if you get rejected, you'll get a letter with it explaining the cleaning process.
    CSM, chelsea and byam shaw aren't going into clearing. Also! my friend called up wimbledon, and they said it was "very unlikely" they were gonna go into clearing either.

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from both kingston and chelsea I'm going to uca epsom ^^
    no one I know seems to be getting into chelsea.

UAL has it's own clearing system, if you get rejected, you'll get a letter with it explaining the cleaning process.
    CSM, chelsea and byam shaw aren't going into clearing. Also! my friend called up wimbledon, and they said it was "very unlikely" they were gonna go into clearing either.
    Hi there! i got put on the reserve list for Kingston and rejected frm Chelsea, do u know if camberwell is going into clearing?

im so gutted bout Chelsea! i have literally NO idea what standard of work they look for ! it seems so random this yr! im on a gap yr and was rejected last yr by CSM and camberwell (throu clearing), but have 95% in A level art! woooohooo 3 rejections form UAL! lol! !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caramelbear28)
    Hi there! i got put on the reserve list for Kingston and rejected frm Chelsea, do u know if camberwell is going into clearing?

im so gutted bout Chelsea! i have literally NO idea what standard of work they look for ! it seems so random this yr! im on a gap yr and was rejected last yr by CSM and camberwell (throu clearing), but have 95% in A level art! woooohooo 3 rejections form UAL! lol! !
    I have no idea if camberwell is going into clearing, you should call up and ask - my friend only asked for Wimbledon because it's near (we go to sixth form in wimbledon atm)

I'm sorry! it seems to be particularly hard to get in this year... Well done on getting on reserve list for kingston though! it's so hard to get in there~ everyone i know has been rejected from kingston as well. Do you think it might be worth applying to colleges still taking applications like UCA and I think Ravensbourne? (there isn't a cut off date on the raves website i dunno ) because UAL clearing seems a bit risky (in my opinion)

so far out of the 10 in my art class, 9/10 have been rejected from UAL,one has a place at LCF. 6 of those people are freaking out now because they only applied to UAL and were relying on the clearing proccess to get in. -_- luckily me and my friend applied for other colleges too.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.