Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any respect left? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UndercoverChemist)
    If you don't like the views that the members of TSR express, then why are you on this forum?
    Isn't that the whole point of this thread?

(Original post by paella)
    The things you want from life are all about sex and power!!!
    That is bull ****, stop trying to tell me what I want from my life! You have no bloody clue what I want. You say that I can't read the minds of my own relatives (hello? I know them personally a heck of a lot better than you do and they are happy people), and then you have the audacity to try and tell me what I want! It is impossible to raise a family on no money, how foolish is that idea? I am not strongly motivated by sex, I will start a family when I deem fit and I don't want to go around getting with as many people as I can. Sex is not a motivator for me, I want a relationship and there is nothing you can say against me on that, those are my ideals, live with it.

I'm not going to respond to all of this because I don't have the time. But I found a lot of what you've said laughable. There are charities for animals with thousands upon thousands of helpers. The whole reason the defence budget is there is because the minority ruin it for the majority. My mind knows woman from woman, and people still choose to stay with the same one, knowing full well that they are not spreading their genes as well as they could. Why should I give a crap about woman's security? I 'should' care more about getting my genes and DNA to as many as possible, but I don't, and I do care about what women want. If I found the right woman, I would be with her and love her for my life even if she didn't want kids. Not everyone does steal food, yet I still don't take advantage of this and steal myself. I do not 'want' to read about bad news, it shocks me and that is why I read it. Look at the overwhelming response to the 'bad news' that happened in Haiti, over £30 million has been donated. People haven't just got a rush from reading it and then done nothing, they've been proactive and tried to help. People in WWI/WWII were conscripted, your Isaac Newton analogy is utterly ridiculous. Just because someone sees something as being good it doesn't mean someone else sees it as being bad. Take a closed system where I myself donate £100 to a random person and the person is very thankful. That is a purely good thing. Why are you so afraid of good being done in the world? Do you rely on evolutionary theory so much that you're scared of it not being right all the time and you have to try and explain it away when people do do genuinely nice things? Maybe you should address that.

ReputationRep:
    I've often wondered about this myself. Especially the portrayal of women as sex objects. I think people just say these things because nowadays it's cool to be anti PC. In other words, they're trolls. Just ignore them. Use TSR for help on your studies and don't look too much at the H and R section, because it's always full of crap.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.