Turn on thread page Beta

18 years old and crap GCSES can i get to do plumbing apprentiship?? watch

ReputationRep:
    i want to become a plumber seen as i cant go college no more because there is always issues

im from birmingham so can anyone direct me to a website where i can do check it out and can someone tell me what apprentiships can i do without GCSEs because english and maths are grade E and D and im 18

so plzz guys

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Good on you for doing something with your life

check this out
    https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchin...ticeships.aspx

I think you should register first then search
    good luck mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho_Biatch)
    Good on you for doing something with your life

check this out
    https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchin...ticeships.aspx

I think you should register first then search
    good luck mate!
    thanks for the compliment on that , ive registered on there and they havent got any vacancies only in london but i dont want to move there till i make enough money lol , yeeh but i jus want to know would i be accepted without my GCSEs in it? hope to hear from you all thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think most will take you on some may even ask you to resit as part of your one day a week in college.

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought about maybe trying an adult education college? I did a few extra bits of qualifications there when I was 16-17 and the style of learning is really different to school, it might suit you more because it's more laid back and you obviously get treated like an adult! They do maths and english courses (other than GCSE) which are often free and could really improve your chances of getting a job or apprenticeship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *k.a.t.e*)
    Have you thought about maybe trying an adult education college? I did a few extra bits of qualifications there when I was 16-17 and the style of learning is really different to school, it might suit you more because it's more laid back and you obviously get treated like an adult! They do maths and english courses (other than GCSE) which are often free and could really improve your chances of getting a job or apprenticeship.

thanks alot for the info! , i just enrolled into learning direct they took me on a special case because really you gotta be 19+ but im 18 and now im gonna get level in english and maths den go onto a apprentiship

i wanna know how to get a apprenticeship in plumbling tho? apart from the apprenticeship.org.uk website , its still got glitches and needs tweaking because the vacancies dont show up as quick as they are meant to , also i hope to do something in constuction or plumbing by september thats why im looking deep now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.