Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have received an offer from Imperial and it says in that letter that i have to get AAA in my 3 subjects. It seems really hard and thus, i really wanted to resit 2 modules of each of my subjects. Do they mind if i do resits? i heard that they don't like student with resits. Will they still accept me even if i do resits?

- for Math applicants that got an offer from Imperial, do they state anything such as 'no resits' on your offer letter?

HELP ME

ReputationRep:
    i'm confused.

do you mean take a gap year and resit some modules, or resit some modules in the summer?

if its the latter i wouldn't worry
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They couldn't care less about individual module resits, they won't even know and it DEFINITELY wouldn't be included in your offer. Anyone who says they 'don't like resits' are referring to people who resat an entire year of the subject rather than just retook a module.

ReputationRep:
    i mean resit as in resitting my previous AS papers in this June. And also, my teachers asked me to do some A2 exams in this January (which is already been done) . Can i resit that A2 papers as well? Would they care about that A2 resitting as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilfe)
    i mean resit as in resitting my previous AS papers in this June. And also, my teachers asked me to do some A2 exams in this January (which is already been done) . Can i resit that A2 papers as well? Would they care about that A2 resitting as well?
    no i doubt they'll care about those. especially if you've got your offer already

ReputationRep:
    sounds like me; im resitting my whole chemistry As, which i took last june, this june to try to get it to an A. Im also resitting 2 modules from this january in June.

Im also interested whether any uni really gives a **** about this.

ReputationRep:
    Resit whatever you want, they have no say on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilfe)
    I have received an offer from Imperial and it says in that letter that i have to get AAA in my 3 subjects. It seems really hard and thus, i really wanted to resit 2 modules of each of my subjects. Do they mind if i do resits? i heard that they don't like student with resits. Will they still accept me even if i do resits?

- for Math applicants that got an offer from Imperial, do they state anything such as 'no resits' on your offer letter?

HELP ME
    If you meet your offer conditions by 31 August 2010 you will be OK. Unless the offer on Track specifies that you cannot rely on resits, you can resit in June if you need to.

The offer is challenging because Imperial is one of the best maths departments in the country and they want people who can keep up. Most unis making maths offers want STEP as well so AAA could be seen as a relatively easy offer, in fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperial website)
    For entry in 2010 a grade A in all mathematics modules taken will be required. Resits will not be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    As the previous poster has noted, Imperial does not allow module re-sits for maths: you have to get an A grade in each module first time around (which actually shouldn't be a problem for anyone expecting to do well on a university maths degree). It is made perfectly clear on the website. How this is policed this I don't know (possibly by checking results slips) - but it obviously is as the same condition has been set for a couple of years now.

ReputationRep:
    out of interest, is that the same for Computer Science?

ReputationRep:
    This is the first time I've heard this query

I've got an offer from Imperial for Engineering, but have always assumed resits are normal except if applying to oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straightpath)
    This is the first time I've heard this query

I've got an offer from Imperial for Engineering, but have always assumed resits are normal except if applying to oxbridge
    For engineering, Imperial accepts re-sits for maths modules; but not for maths applicants.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.