Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

im stuck on repeat, how do i change my ways?? watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, this is my first post, but i feel its about time i got some advice which wasnt from people that know me.

for the last 3 years ive been without a girlfriend. i have always made excuses such as "college comes first" or "i dont like anyone at the moment". truth is, i have a bad habbit.

i see one girl, shes amazing, everything i want, and i set my heart on her. im nice to them, try hard but not over the top, and dont go staright for the "will you go out with me", thats not my style, i want to get to know you a bit first. but, no matter how nice i am, i always end up in the friend zone. this has now happened 4 or 5 times.

im at the point where i want to give up on trying to go anywhere with girls i like.

am i choosing the wrong type of girl? am i doing something wrong?
    as far as i know im pretty normal, not too bad lucking, so why is it so difficult??

all i want is someone to care about, and enjoy the good times with. is that too much to ask?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how you speak to the person. People feel chemistry through how people talk, because that's the basic form of communication and you learn a lot through how they speak and present themselves. Do you possibly talk to them first most of the time? Maybe in msn or something you could possibly be the one who speaks first??? Try also not to end the conversation last aswell, end the convo with a little cliff hanger, don't carry on a convo so that you've talked about everything in the world because then the end will drizzle into awkwardness. It's not all girls, but many go for the badboys so maybe try not be too nice?? Also, if you always seem to available, that might not be the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c.french91)
    no matter how nice i am, i always end up in the friend zone.
    This is your problem. You're nice. Nice guys are boring. Girls/women want a man who's a bit exciting, who's gonna keep 'em on their toes for a while. Being nice will always always leave you at the back of the queue. So learn from this, stop being so 'nice' and be a bit more laissez-faire in your approach to women. Don't be a doormat!

ReputationRep:
    It's because you can't spell. It's "looking" not "lucking".

ReputationRep:
    Click 'shuffle'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c.french91)
    hi, this is my first post, but i feel its about time i got some advice which wasnt from people that know me.

for the last 3 years ive been without a girlfriend. i have always made excuses such as "college comes first" or "i dont like anyone at the moment". truth is, i have a bad habbit.

i see one girl, shes amazing, everything i want, and i set my heart on her. im nice to them, try hard but not over the top, and dont go staright for the "will you go out with me", thats not my style, i want to get to know you a bit first. but, no matter how nice i am, i always end up in the friend zone. this has now happened 4 or 5 times.

im at the point where i want to give up on trying to go anywhere with girls i like.

am i choosing the wrong type of girl? am i doing something wrong?
    as far as i know im pretty normal, not too bad lucking, so why is it so difficult??

all i want is someone to care about, and enjoy the good times with. is that too much to ask?
    What do you look for in the girl? Perhaps you're a bit too laid back to start with and end up giving off the wrong signals. You do come across as the type of person girls want as a friend (or want to settle down with) and you may be in the habit of initiating a non-sexual relationship just by your manner. Then, once you've made friends, the girl is afraid that a sexual relationship will just cause trouble between you. My advice would be to signal interest earlier on, perhaps by asking her for a very causal date etc in the first few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    If you're stuck on repeat then you are the human equivalent of UK Gold

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.