Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

£10,000 grant for police to use prayer in cutting crime watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 82554.html

A Christian policing group which believes that the power of prayer can catch criminals and keep officers safe from harm has been awarded a £10,000 grant from the Home Office to widen its involvement with local church groups.

The Christian Police Association (CPA) wants members of the public to "adopt a cop" by praying for the safety of local officers as they ply their beats. Subjects that the association says congregations should be encouraged to pray for include "helping officers make on-the-spot decisions" and encouraging them to "resist corruption".
    £10,000 to pray, they should monitor the results

Also, if this worked wouldn't God be taking away part of our free will and changing his uniquely perfect plan :rolleyes:

Also, it looks like we are only funding Christian police.

ReputationRep:
    I would have the Home Office knew better than this.

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous. What was the Home Office thinking?

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, leave them, they will all repent during the Velocirapture.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait until the statistics are released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    I can't wait until the statistics are released.
    (Original post by 2months time)
    there has been an increase in theft from churches
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    If the Christian Police want to help prevent crime by praying and encouraging others to do the same, then fair enough, that's up to them. But I don't see why they need £10,000 for that. Praying is free, isn't it?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.