Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

When you send ur application through UCAS, are u supposed to receive acknowledgement letters right away from all uni? All my uni choices have sent me letters except for Nottingham and Southampton. A few people in here have said that some uni dont even bother doing so or may be it's just late, and I think they got their point since I have got an offer from Southampton without any letter. However, I am not sure whether this will apply to Nottingham. Since it's a very competitive uni, does it mean that Nottingham has stop considering my application, given that my LNAT score is pretty low? Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by darkknight9090)
    Hey,

When you send ur application through UCAS, are u supposed to receive acknowledgement letters right away from all uni? All my uni choices have sent me letters except for Nottingham and Southampton. A few people in here have said that some uni dont even bother doing so or may be it's just late, and I think they got their point since I have got an offer from Southampton without any letter. However, I am not sure whether this will apply to Nottingham. Since it's a very competitive uni, does it mean that Nottingham has stop considering my application, given that my LNAT score is pretty low? Thanks
    Not all universities send acknowledgement letters; some will give out offers before acknowledging receipt of your application, similarly, others will give out rejections. Not having heard from the uni does not mean that they're no longer considering your application - quite the contrary, actually.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much I didn't hear from 2 uni's and I still got offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraa91)
    I wouldn't worry too much I didn't hear from 2 uni's and I still got offers.
    Can I ask from what uni?

ReputationRep:
    Kingston and Thames Valley. So I can't say that the uni you mentioned deffinately doesn't send them but I know other people who applied and had no acknowledgement just offers.

ReputationRep:
    I got one acknowledgement letter, but ended up with five offers from competitive unis. Don't sweat.

ReputationRep:
    Some unis just don't send them out, and only let you know if you're required for interview or whether they're gonna make u an offer / rejection.

If you're worried about it just give them a call

ReputationRep:
    Some do, some don't. I've heard nothing from Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexuali)
    Some do, some don't. I've heard nothing from Leicester.
    hiii. just wanted to ask, did you get an offer from leicester even without an acknowledgement?

cause i applied there for law and so far haven't heard anything from them - no acknowledgment/offer/rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberlytanxz92)
    hiii. just wanted to ask, did you get an offer from leicester even without an acknowledgement?

cause i applied there for law and so far haven't heard anything from them - no acknowledgment/offer/rejection.
    I got rejected without ackknowledgement

ReputationRep:
    When I applied, I remember I didn't get acknowledgement letters from a few unis. I guess it's because there are too many people applying and it takes time to send them out. or they think an answer through UCAS is sufficient maybe.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.