Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, everybody!

Maai: I studied a LOT of other material in addition to Cuba in the 20th century. My overall point was to be strategic. If you know that a mastery of topic X will allow you to answer more than one possible question, you should pay more attention to X than to Y.

Medstar: Don't worry, things somehow tend to work out in the end :-)

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    As many of you know, IB exams are in around 2 weeks time, which means that all of those with exams should be revising!! :eek3:

I've made a post at my IB Blog (IBDamned) with some tips to help, and would just like to share that with people here.

Also, if you have any Revision Tips, feel free to share them on IBDamned and here!

IBDamned.com IB Revision Tips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneyballs2)
    As many of you know, IB exams are in around 2 weeks time, which means that all of those with exams should be revising!! :eek3:

I've made a post at my IB Blog (IBDamned) with some tips to help, and would just like to share that with people here.

Also, if you have any Revision Tips, feel free to share them on IBDamned and here!

IBDamned.com IB Revision Tips
    well right now, we're in the middle of our mocks, should leave TSR soon haha. So we won't need to revise AS MUCH for the upcoming IB exams

As for revision tips, this was done already:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1222881

ReputationRep:
    OK, here I am, the quen of last-minute, sharing a short story with u.
    I have a feeling that in these 2 years I haven't worked much.
    I was so damn sure I will do lots of work after January but then I couldn't cuz I had loads of coursework and then there was Easter and had lots of traditional fests at home.
    Now there are only 2 weeks till exams and I'm not really sure about anything.
    *History HL - I haven't done much reading becauseI am not really interested in the subjects but I have decided to read 3 books over the weekend. I have no clue how to write essays and what do they mean by "support with evidence".
    *Spanish HL - I am sort of coping with this subject
    *Geography HL - have no clue about exam techniques and I have a feeling my case studies aren't precise enough.
    *Chemistry SL - when I'm reading and making notes everything makes perfect sense but when I actually try to solve a past paper question I always do some silll mistakes or not even get what they want from me.
    *English SL - I am not sure how to approach Paper 1 and I wish I would be able to write better essays.
    *Math Studies - I have to still finish 4 of the 8 topics.

OK, I just had to write all this down, I kind of feel better now.
    I was just wondering if enyone knows of some1 that had a similar case and was able to compress all the knowledge and learn the stuff in the last 3 weeks?

I wish there would be some advice on what the examiners really want so that I could not miss all the points.

P.S. I am at a school that is running the course for the 1st year.

But still I am trying to keep positive:woo: and ignore the Q friends ask me sometimes: "Could it be any worse?!"

Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilarose)
    I was so damn sure I will do lots of work after January but then I couldn't cuz I had loads of coursework and then there was Easter and had lots of traditional fests at home.
    *History HL - I haven't done much reading becauseI am not really interested in the subjects but I have decided to read 3 books over the weekend. I have no clue how to write essays and what do they mean by "support with evidence".
    *Geography HL - have no clue about exam techniques and I have a feeling my case studies aren't precise enough.
    *Chemistry SL - when I'm reading and making notes everything makes perfect sense but when I actually try to solve a past paper question I always do some silll mistakes or not even get what they want from me.
    *English SL - I am not sure how to approach Paper 1 and I wish I would be able to write better essays.

I was just wondering if enyone knows of some1 that had a similar case and was able to compress all the knowledge and learn the stuff in the last 3 weeks?

I wish there would be some advice on what the examiners really want so that I could not miss all the points.

But still I am trying to keep positive:woo: and ignore the Q friends ask me sometimes: "Could it be any worse?!"

Good luck to all!
    3 books will get you no where with History. I'm sorry, but to be blunt 4 weeks isn't really enough, most people have been revising for weeks as it is. If I were you, i'd aim for the November resits.

ReputationRep:
    ok.
    but still i will try to do my best, i guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragnar_jonsson)
    Biology & Chemistry: answer every, single, (bloody) syllabus statement.
    Maths: work on these super extensive problems on each topic (my teacher said it should get me a strong 6+)
    English: Re-read my three books times three. Go over Brechtian alienation and Stravinski methods.
    French: articles, essays, vocab, etc.
    Psychology: go over (memorize) syllabus outline, studies, go over diagnostic models.

Then do tons of past papers for Chemistry, Biology & Maths.
    Do 1-2 Paper 2 essays.
    Read lots of french texts and practice on the 'understanding the vocab in context' thing.

Yessiree. :/
    I feel your pain, biology has a monster syllabus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilarose)

Good luck to all!
    For chemistry, geography and perhaps maths use the syllabus - read it, make notes off it etc. At the same time do some past papers and refer back to your syllabus notes if you do not get the right answer. Repeat.

Hope this helps, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What are the best ways to revise or motivate yourselves

URGENTLY NEED HELP

Thanks
    xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soylent Green)
    I feel your pain, biology has a monster syllabus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flajamafloffl)
    3 books will get you no where with History. I'm sorry, but to be blunt 4 weeks isn't really enough, most people have been revising for weeks as it is. If I were you, i'd aim for the November resits.
    what the hell? 4 weeks is plenty of time! Right now we're doing our mocks and people only started revising a week before. And those people always score high marks. It's how you plan your time. Forget about the 2 languages, there's nothing you can basically study for, it's all skills. Fine you'll revise a little, but it won't take you more than an hour, 2 at max! So you're left with 4 subjects, which are really important!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    what the hell? 4 weeks is plenty of time! Right now we're doing our mocks and people only started revising a week before. And those people always score high marks. It's how you plan your time. Forget about the 2 languages, there's nothing you can basically study for, it's all skills. Fine you'll revise a little, but it won't take you more than an hour, 2 at max! So you're left with 4 subjects, which are really important!
    This. I just pity those who take 2 sciences/maths HL who have yet to begin revision and have not studied adequately over the two years. If that's you... you might want to consider re-sits

My study time:
    Biology HL - 1/4
    Chemistry HL - 1/4
    Methods SL 3/16
    Psychology SL 3/16
    English A1 HL 2/16 (& just class time tbh)
    French 0/4 (i've got a week before this exam! If that's the case for you do not bother studying until then!!)

I recommend trying to be done with your science syllabus revision 2 weeks before, because you will need time for past papers and regurgitation rote-memorization (biology).

ReputationRep:
    Goodbye, Student Room. I'll see you back on May 13th, 2010, when my final chemistry exam has been completed.

That's how I'm revising for exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Man of the Hour)
    Goodbye, Student Room. I'll see you back on May 13th, 2010, when my final chemistry exam has been completed.

That's how I'm revising for exams.
    oooh how I envy you so much! I'm practically one of the last people to finish the IB exam, on May 21 because of stupid ITGS paper 2!

ReputationRep:
    1 -Good revision techniques?
    2- Motivation??

Seriously, 2am in the morning. 2days left and a ton of work to do. Im failing :'(.
    i got a 1 in spanish and am considering giving up
    mega depressed
    please help
    xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flajamafloffl)
    to be blunt 4 weeks isn't really enough, most people have been revising for weeks as it is. If I were you, i'd aim for the November resits.
    (Original post by ragnar_jonsson)
    This. I just pity those who take 2 sciences/maths HL who have yet to begin revision and have not studied adequately over the two years. If that's you... you might want to consider re-sits
    Hey, hey, what's with all the negativity?

oooh how I envy you so much! I'm practically one of the last people to finish the IB exam, on May 21 because of stupid ITGS paper 2!
    Haha, the majority of my IB class is writing French B on the 24th, which is the ACTUAL last day... not to mention Victoria Day Holiday here. Now that sucks.

ReputationRep:
    2 days left?
    Is it possible to get a 1?
    :confused:

Just try your best, and every time you feel like you are going to fail...just say to yourself "I am doing my best, and I can't do better than my best" and just smile and relax!

Works for me!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    :no:

2 hours for English A1 P2 is NOT enough...unless you already know your books REEAALLY well, it won't even be enough for P1 practice...

But you also have to decide on priorities for IB, eg. I prioritize English because it's HL...maths is SL so I am not as bothered.

Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    I just got through my notes and then do papers!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fakeplastictrees)
    Haha, the majority of my IB class is writing French B on the 24th, which is the ACTUAL last day... not to mention Victoria Day Holiday here. Now that sucks.
    Haha, we're rather lucky though! Most french students get quite some time to review (and thus not need to review as much pre-exams).

(Original post by Dr.Black Knight)
    I just got through my notes and then do papers!!
    Wrong forum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.