Turn on thread page Beta

Graduation Year 2010: The ULTIMATE How do YOU revise? thread watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm having trouble studying with all the homework that teachers are dumping on me. I haven't found the time to study at all, and I have 12 days until my English HL.
    And I always seem to be doing homework until midnight-ish. Damn these teachers!
    Well, I culd be studying now...oh, wait! I have an essay to write. >.>

But I think I'm just going to spend all next week on English, since its the first. Then the next week and 3/4 ish on HL history, with a bit more of english. THen that may 16 week all on HL biology...then I'm done
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bri.waite)
    I'm having trouble studying with all the homework that teachers are dumping on me. I haven't found the time to study at all, and I have 12 days until my English HL.
    Don't you guys get study leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ultramarine)
    Yesterday was last day for us! We begin study leave now!

ReputationRep:
    i know we have like 9 days to go for the finals to begin but to be very honest it dosn't feel pressurisng i meen i am so chilled out...not just me but all my class mates are the same...we complain about how we cannot study..
    how screwd do u think we are?

ReputationRep:
    What? What's that?
    People get days off to study? Aaah, so unfair...

ReputationRep:
    What? What's that?
    woah dont tell me that you dont get a study leave...
    you should request your IBC to give you one...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What? What's that?
    :O you guys don't?! So you have school until right before exams start?!!
    whoa, sucks for you guys. I thought 1 week study leave was really little, since we used to get like 1 month.

ReputationRep:
    Im starting to study now with 10 days left but I'm really not worried. Our school scores an average of 6 on HL Econ, 6 in HL Americas and nearly 1 point above the world average in HL english.

Speaking of english though, how are you guys preparing for paper 1? I really don't care about my SL subjects, so I expect to drop to a 6 in Studies, lie my way through the systems exam, and get drunk before writing Spanish!

ReputationRep:
    :O you guys don't?! So you have school until right before exams start?!!
    whoa, sucks for you guys. I thought 1 week study leave was really little, since we used to get like 1 month.
    wow...AND we have school the day of exams...
    like, i have make up work to complete for missing class during my IB exams...and i have class after the test, when I'm done...and we have another week of school after IB exams and then we take final exams for all of our classes...
    I had no idea people got TIME OFF to study >.> you guys are so lucky

ReputationRep:

But I think I'm just going to spend all next week on English, since its the first. Then the next week and 3/4 ish on HL history, with a bit more of english. THen that may 16 week all on HL biology...then I'm done
    what?!! All week for English?:eek: Are you taking A1 or A2?
    We only prepare for English one day before at A2 (though we don't really worry about it) and manage to get good marks. But we study it more than our A1 langauge, Arabic, which we study even less for. Don't know about you, but languages aren't that hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    what?!! All week for English?:eek: Are you taking A1 or A2?
    We only prepare for English one day before at A2 (though we don't really worry about it) and manage to get good marks. But we study it more than our A1 langauge, Arabic, which we study even less for. Don't know about you, but languages aren't that hard
    A2, but I don't have any other exams that week, so not much else to do.

ReputationRep:
    A2, but I don't have any other exams that week, so not much else to do.
    math is that week too

ReputationRep:
    I'm so screwed. been ignoring my psych and now definitely don't have time to do everything now. Plus. keep getting distracted by facebook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    math is that week too
    not taking it I'm just getting 3 certificates instead of the diploma

ReputationRep:
    not taking it I'm just getting 3 certificates instead of the diploma
    lucky you! I really envy you now:p:

ReputationRep:
    For GCSEs, I just went through and wrote out all my notes, but I've found that I neither have the time to do that nor does it actually work for IB..
    English, I've written out quotes on flashcards and stuck them around my room, and have done past papers.
    Maths... A LOT of past papers
    Chemistry + Biology - flashcards, diagrams, mindmaps, notes, past papers...
    French - vocab cards and past papers
    History - mindmaps and essay plans, reading through and highlighting old essays etc..

ReputationRep:
    Somehow IB pickup lines help me remember things.

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle Pickup Line:
    "Hey babe, I don't know my position with you, but trust me, I certainly know we have momentum!"
    Or alternatively,
    "Hey babe, I dunno what kinda momentum we have, but I know what kinda position I like you in!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kittycat94)
    I'm so screwed. been ignoring my psych and now definitely don't have time to do everything now. Plus. keep getting distracted by facebook
    totaly understand your situation!
    i have taken psych at HL!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get Study Leave either.. I had huge tests up until the last Wednesday of school (that being Wednesday, April 28), so I didn't get to start studying until after...

ReputationRep:
    uh oh...
    well today was the beginning of the IB exams...im eagerly waiting for 24hours to pass by so that the discussion of papers can soon begin!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.