"Wa Wa Wa" Watch

This discussion is closed.
BoxesAndBangles
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
- Title quoted from Algerian football team.

So as you guys know Algeria made it through the World Cup Qualifiers after beating Egypt in a heated rivalry. This week, though, Egypt beat Algeria to the Africa Cup finals 4-0.

What I'm here to talk about is Algeria's attitude! When they were beat in Malawi they said "the sun was in our eyes and it was too hot" (not even kidding) and now they're blaming the referee - even going so far as to refer to themselves as "victimes d'un arbitrage scandaleux/victims of scandalous refereeing. They're even referring to the referee as "the black" in this article.

They should be disqualified from FIFA! I know it's not the team themselves but seriously this is the Algerian media someone should tell them to cut it out and suck it up.

http://www.entv.dz/fr/CAN2010/index.php?voir=428
Stalin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Same old Algeria, always cheating.
Dalimyr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BoxesAndBangles)
What I'm here to talk about is Algeria's attitude! When they were beat in Malawi they said "the sun was in our eyes and it was too hot" (not even kidding) and now they're blaming the referee - even going so far as to refer to themselves as "victimes d'un arbitrage scandaleux/victims of scandalous refereeing. They're even referring to the referee as "the black" in this article.

They should be disqualified from FIFA! I know it's not the team themselves but seriously this is the Algerian media someone should tell them to cut it out and suck it up.
All teams look for a scapegoat when they suffer a defeat...and having had three players sent off in the match, the referee in this case is an obvious scapegoat. When there's no obvious one, they sometimes look for silly ones.

When England lost to Portugal in a penalty shootout in 2006, Cristiano Ronaldo was made out in the British media to be public enemy number one not because he's a brilliant player or because he scored the final penalty that sent England packing, but because he winked when Wayne Rooney was sent off.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Algerians were complaining it was too hot? (i might be wrong, but isn't Algeria a very hot country? :lol: )

Are they the England team in disguise?
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
the "wa wa wa" is you whining, right?
Straightpath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Come on! Everyone saw the inability of the Egypt / Algeria referee last week, the guy didn't know what he was doing.

Having said that the algerian team didn't have the right to play such a physical game as they did.
Gain91
Report 8 years ago
Algeria deserved there sendings off, I can't wait till they play england looks like 3 easy points in the world cup group for us
izaldo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
When they played Ivory Coast last week, their goalie was acting in an embarrasing manner.
Jim-ie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
Algerians were complaining it was too hot? (i might be wrong, but isn't Algeria a very hot country? :lol: )

Are they the England team in disguise?
Most of the country is covered by the sahara
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jim-ie)
Most of the country is covered by the sahara
In that case, why the hell are they moaning that it's too hot... :lol:
Jim-ie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)
In that case, why the hell are they moaning that it's too hot... :lol:
I know an Algerian and he said its even hotter where the cup was held and the heat is unbearable this time of year.
Dalimyr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think the comment that they were playing with the sun in their eyes is even more amusing. Were they playing against a team that was blind and therefore totally unaffected by the sun? :p:
Thoron
Report 8 years ago
Oh stop whinging over Algerian comments. Everybody knows how adrenaline pumped football can get. (Quote ferguson: "Typical germans got the boy sent off.")
And of course the players will get heated if every single decision goes against them (rightly and wrongly). At the end of the day, the better team made it to the World Cup as does happen in qualifiers.

So rather than post ridiculously exaggerated comments to let of your steam; just take the hit, come back stronger incha allah Egypt will make it next time, and in the mean time use your logic and support the only team in South Africa holding the Arab Flag.
Your Algerian brothers are the ones representing not only themselves but you as well for this World Cup, so stop going along with this hatred and resentment created and fueled by 'Hosni Mubarek Regime', and take a leaf out of "Hosni Abd Rabou" or "Aboutrika"s book.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads