Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Can someone please tell me if there is a difference between HND in Scotland & England. I am really very confused about it. I am currently studding HND in Civil Eng. Which will let me enter in year 3 of a 4 year B.Eng course in Scotland, wile the same course allows entry into year 3 of a 3 year B.Eng course in England.

    So I guess my question is, whether there is a difference in modules between the 2 HND courses & also, do the English Universities allows Scottish HND holders to top up to final year.:confused:

    The Scottish Qualifications
    SCOTTISH Higher National Certificate
    SCOTTISH Higher National Diploma
    The English Qualifications
    BTEC Higher National Certificate
    BTEC Higher National Diploma

    Both are on same level.
    There is difference between these two qualifications (Scot and Eng), however, if you have enough mathematical contents in your Scottish/English qualifications then you should be able to use them vice versa.

    Some of the top English univeresities don't take either HNC/Ds.

    The Scottish Universities that will take your qualifications are:

    University of Edinburgh
    University of Glasgow
    University of Strathclyde
    University of St Andrews
    University of Aberdeen

    But remmeber to pump enough mathematical contents into your qualifications.
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.