Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Had a bit of a Will moment after drinking energy drink. watch

Announcements

Though luckily I was in the bathroom, still it went everywhere over the toilet and the set, and down the side and took ages to clean and stinks afterwards.

I dont know why it happened, likely I think as I had an empty stomach? I never ate yesterday, well I did but I stayed up all night Friday and had a pizza from take away and a packet of noodles during the night with a few small chunks of chicken and went to bed 10.30 last night.

Woke up 8.30 today and dont have anything suitable for breakfast(well cereal but no milk) drank about 2/3 a can of monster, about 20 minutes later felt the need to go to toilet, ran down and had to try extremely hard to keep it in, managed to get into bathroom before it felt like it was coming out but managed to get on toilet before it seemed to come.

After it was everywhere, even on my underwear! and the seat and all down the toilet looked like runny curry sauce.

Was it just down to not eating yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    Googled it and apparently Monster is known to cause some people to get diarrhoea.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4232805AA4Y0Pr

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6120923AAhUieS

From what I am reading you might have a low tolerance to caffeine.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly all the crap you ate on Friday night? Take-away pizza, and packet of noodles what did you expect?

Thats most likely the reason why.

(Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Googled it and apparently Monster is known to cause some people to get diarrhoea.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4232805AA4Y0Pr

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6120923AAhUieS

From what I am reading you might have a low tolerance to caffeine.
    ave
    Not that I know of, I am a bit of a not paranoid but unable to gauge problems with myself but I have gone as far as drink 2 bottles of Tesco Kick in the last yearin a hour when had no sleep and had no side effects apart from a watery stomach but never rushed to the toilet like this.

I might have low resistance to caffene though as rarely take it, I remember having 4 latte's in 45 minutes in summer and have a major come down about 3 hours later where I felt a mix between drunk and stoned.

Though this is only like the 2nd or 3rd time I have drunk Monster, normally its Relentless.

Just thinking though I got it half price as it was near its sell by date and its been in fridge for about 3 weeks so maybe it was off.

(Original post by BigDick*******)
    Possibly all the crap you ate on Friday night? Take-away pizza, and packet of noodles what did you expect?

Thats most likely the reason why.
    Not really as I eat crap often and dont get diarrohea.

ReputationRep:
    It was probably something wrong with the takeaway, you didn't even have one can of the energy drink...

(Original post by BrightGirl)
    It was probably something wrong with the takeaway, you didn't even have one can of the energy drink...
    It was my regular which has an awesome rep, then again I ordered it around 9.30 on Friday night and it only took 30 minutes to arrive so it may of been rushed.

It was just a normal plain pizza with chicken on it.

Also I went to the bathroom during Friday night about twice and didnt go for about 12 hours till I went to bed about 10.30 then again when I went up so may of been blocked up without knowing.

Ironically my stomach feels better than it has in months after I went!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not really as I eat crap often and dont get diarrohea.
    All the crap, coupled with the Monster energy Drink, along with the fact you probably didn't go to the toilet on Saturday as you ate very little, probably may be the cause?

It's most likely a one-off, but limit the enery drinks, tea and coffee is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It was my regular which has an awesome rep, then again I ordered it around 9.30 on Friday night and it only took 30 minutes to arrive so it may of been rushed.

It was just a normal plain pizza with chicken on it.

Also I went to the bathroom during Friday night about twice and didnt go for about 12 hours till I went to bed about 10.30 then again when I went up so may of been blocked up without knowing.

Ironically my stomach feels better than it has in months after I went!
    Yarr I bet it was the food.

Test it by having the other third of the monster haha.

ReputationRep:
    Who is Will?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urkel)
    What's a 'Will' moment?

Sorry if that's dumb, but I don't know much British slang :p:
    I think he's referencing a character from the British comedy The Inbetweeners who drinks an energy and his mum tells him that he's left the toilet with skid marks on.

ReputationRep:
    I had 2 before an exam, was worried I might have a 'will' moment but i was fine

ReputationRep:
    I am allergic to some highly concentrated energy drinks, like the the shot versions (Red bull/monster shots etc). They give me crippling stomach pain and after a few minutes I am covered in rashes. I would not worry too much but I would say its probably the energy drink + no food in your stomach for it to digest with. Its strong stuff on its own.. avoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendly_fiend2)
    I think he's referencing a character from the British comedy The Inbetweeners who drinks an energy and his mum tells him that he's left the toilet with skid marks on.
    I thought it was the fact that after drinking loads of energy drinks he ends up pooing himself during his exams (LOL). Ahh I miss Inbetweeners! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABeautifulMind)
    I am allergic to some highly concentrated energy drinks, like the the shot versions (Red bull/monster shots etc). They give me crippling stomach pain and after a few minutes I am covered in rashes. I would not worry too much but I would say its probably the energy drink + no food in your stomach for it to digest with. Its strong stuff on its own.. avoid.
    I think that a pint of any of these energy drinks is excessive. It would be better if they came in a screw top bottle. With a can, once you open it you have to drink it all in one or waste it.

Drinking a whole can of Monster just makes me feel sketchy / anxious and make my gut hurt.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah, the first (and last) time I drank a can of redbull (for work on a Saturday morning, was tired as ****!) I got bad diarrhoea - during work, lol.

ReputationRep:
    LOL at the 'Will moment' reference! :rofl:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.