Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Parents just told me I'm fat then HAD A GO AT ME for getting upset. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Areyoukidding?)
    67kg is nowhere near a healthy weight for a girl at 5'6"
    Can I ask where you get that from, as I am doubtful that it is true...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasted marshmellows)
    Can I ask where you get that from, as I am doubtful that it is true...
    Because I have a functioning pair of eyes, and I know what guys at 5'7" look like around that weight. Nevermind girls - who have less dense muscle and bone tissue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Tell them to **** off, and you'll eat as many cakes as you want? It's not like you're 16 stone, damn...
    You're not supposed to swear at your parents.

WAA, CRY MORE OP. OR MAYBE STOP BEING A SELF-DELUDING BABY AND GROW UP

Your parents are right. Bottom line. 67kg is nowhere near a healthy weight for a girl at 5'6", regardless of "BMI" or whatever the limpwristed pussies of TSR try and tell you.

As for all of you little girls posting things like "OMG!! AWWW!! YOUR PARENTS SOUND LIKE PSYCHOS!!", where in the hell are you people from? What over-sheltered little fairy princess castle do you hail from? You're like some disgusting emo Brady Bunch stereotypes. Grow some spines and get a sense of perspective. My God, you people are sickening.

Here's how it is OP, whether you like it or not. There are two ways this works. Either your parents tell you to your face when you're dropping the ball and displaying weakness, and you better yourself from it - or you delude yourself that you have no problem and that they (the people who brought you into this goddamn world) "have no right *sob*" to tell you that you're out of shape - and then you wander out into society where every spineless pussy you meet will tell you to your face that your weight is perfect, and then gossip behind your back about how fat you are.

AND HERE'S THE DIRTY LITTLE TRUTH OP. A GIRL WHO IS TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT DOES NOT EAT MOTHER ******* CUPCAKES BEFORE BED. NOT EVEN AS A CHEAT MEAL.

Step away from your self-delusion that wishing you were thinner and running once every whenever-the-hell the urge takes you is you "trying to lose weight". It's not. Get on a proper structured diet / exercise program and stop crying on the internet that your daddy doesn't respect your god-given right to stuff your face.

And step right away from all that "maybe I'll get anorexia!! That'll show them!!" crap. How about you stop being a drama queen instead, would that be agreeable to you?
    I have to say that I agree with this post, bar thee bold of course. If you want to lost weight, then go ahead and do it.

I'm more than happy that people are there to tell me when i'm in the danger zone. They're not doing it to get at you. They're doing it cause they love you.

(Original post by RealityIsDull)
    They sound horrible!

This is how eating disorders start! Ignore them, If your happy then it doesnt matter to them! Its your body!
    Really? Jeez why are women so mentally weak?

ReputationRep:
    'Areyoukidding' summed it up pretty well really.

Plus comments like 'it's not like you're 16 stone' are utterly stupid.....yes you must go to the extreme before doing anything..not just nip it in the bud early......it's like someone saying they got testicular cancer and someone advising them to let it spread to the lungs and brain before going to the doctor.

Plus what 'areyoukidding' said is right...10 stone at 5ft 7 for a girl is fat and like he also said going anorexic just for attention seeking purposes would just be pathetic...but not surprising.

If someone argues the points with a BMI reference just kill yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
    'Areyoukidding' summed it up pretty well really.

Plus comments like 'it's not like you're 16 stone' are utterly stupid.....yes you must go to the extreme before doing anything..not just nip it in the bud early......it's like someone saying they got testicular cancer and someone advising them to let it spread to the lungs and brain before going to the doctor.

Plus what 'areyoukidding' said is right...10 stone at 5ft 7 for a girl is fat and like he also said going anorexic just for attention seeking purposes would just be pathetic...but not surprising.

If someone argues the points with a BMI reference just kill yourself.
    This. Why people are so scared to be honest on forums I have no idea.

[size=10] Your parents are right. Bottom line. 67kg is nowhere near a healthy weight for a girl at 5'6", regardless of "BMI" or whatever the limpwristed pussies of TSR try and tell you.
    Because I have a functioning pair of eyes, and I know what guys at 5'7" look like around that weight. Nevermind girls - who have less dense muscle and bone tissue.
    Debatable really. You should try reading my post properly - I'm 5'8'' not 5'6'', and 65kg not 67kg. Have you just plucked those numbers from nowhere?

AND you obviously didnt read my reply a few posts back to Matzy, you just feel like having a good old rant at someone on the internet.

(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    You should learn to read too, I'm not in the danger zone, this whole issue is about looks alone, not health. AND if yo had bothered to read my post on the other page, I stated my change in viewpont anyway so you can stop having a go. I still maintain that my parents could have been nicer about it, but then you weren't there, so don't tell me I was being a drama queen or 'weak'.
    And I never said I was going to 'go anorexic' that was other people's suggestions.

Nevertheless I DO think you all have a point, you just have very bad people skills and a lot of pent up frustration, especially Areyoukidding.

Have a nice day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You should learn to read too, I'm not in the danger zone, this whole issue is about looks alone, not health. AND if yo had bothered to read my post on the other page, I stated my change in viewpont anyway so you can stop having a go. I still maintain that my parents could have been nicer about it, but then you weren't there, so don't tell me I was being a drama queen or 'weak'.
    And I never said I was going to 'go anorexic' that was other people's suggestions.

Nevertheless I DO think you all have a point, you just have very bad people skills and a lot of pent up frustration, especially Areyoukidding.

Have a nice day.
    I was referring to realityisdull's post "This is how eating disorders start"

ReputationRep:
    I'm about 62kg and measure 5'7" and I'm pretty skinny...sure your eyes function correctly? Cos no one's ever even remotely implied that I'm fat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo1234)
    I'm about 62kg and measure 5'7" and I'm pretty skinny...sure your eyes function correctly? Cos no one's ever even remotely implied that I'm fat...
    you're a bloke retard...she's a female...females have smaller bones..less dense bones....less muscles and are just generally a lot smaller, so should be a lot lighter...unless carrying lots of fat.

You are a peck!

ReputationRep:
    you're a bloke retard...she's a female...females have smaller bones..less dense bones....less muscles and are just generally a lot smaller, so should be a lot lighter...unless carrying lots of fat.

You are a peck!
    re-read his post- because it sounds to me a lot like he's saying that I should be fat as well, even though I'm male.

ReputationRep:
    your BMI is perfect!
    just look it up and give them the truth and then shout 'ha!' lol
    well maybe not shout

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.