The Student Room Group

approaching attractive girls

Do any other guys feel like when they see an obviously really pretty girl you're just not going to get her because they are the most difficult to get? These are the girls who want the highest standards across all area when looking at men, so to actually get these girls you have to tick all the boxes, and then beat off competition. I just find it sad that this is the case, and that people will probably tell me to settle for less, but if you aren't attracted to them, you aren't attracted to them. Being a realist, I know that I'm not the most gorgeous, loaded, most suave bloke about .. so I feel like I'm not really good enough for them, and hence don't see the point in approaching them. I don't feel within my element or within my comfort zone when around these girls but why should I not want them if I like them? I know one day I will end up with one I like but only through a probability and numbers game

Is it just me that feels like it's not worth the bother because you know realistically that you're not going to meet their demands?
Reply 1
Comedy + Confidence = Success.
Reply 2
Never going to get a girl with that type of confidence :smile:
If you're polite, clean/nicely dressed, obviously half decent looking you're gonna get someone..

Girls like guys who 'know what they're doing', and are not overly cocky, but not shy, how do you expect someone to feel comfortable talking to you if you don't feel comfortable talking to them? Relax dude :wink:

Also, when around them, all be smiling and acting/showing you're having a good time with them, if you show them you like there company they will like having you company - as long as you're not weird :p:

Usually those girls want to be hit on and want 'nice' guys to talk to them - It's always a compliment to tell someone you think they're beautiful whether it's from a hot person or not..

Good luck.
Reply 3
Hadouken
Comedy + Confidence = Success.

Hadouken = mint :biggrin:
Never had that problem
Reply 5
all girls are human. whether attractive or not. the comedy + confidence theory is so true btw. although make sure you don't seem cocky
you find it sad that this is the case but you want attractive girls?

think about it
Reply 7
sophyy
Hadouken = mint :biggrin:

I don't understand why everyone is saying this all of a sudden. :s-smilie: Street fighter...?
It takes more effort to win over the more attractive girls, plus there's more competition; so I just don't bother. Better to focus my attention on girls that would be more open. The latter are always much more fun to be around anyway. Especially in contrast to the hot and they know it girls.
gummers
Never going to get a girl with that type of confidence :smile:
If you're polite, clean/nicely dressed, obviously half decent looking you're gonna get someone..

Girls like guys who 'know what they're doing', and are not overly cocky, but not shy, how do you expect someone to feel comfortable talking to you if you don't feel comfortable talking to them? Relax dude :wink:

Also, when around them, all be smiling and acting/showing you're having a good time with them, if you show them you like there company they will like having you company - as long as you're not weird :p:

Usually those girls want to be hit on and want 'nice' guys to talk to them - It's always a compliment to tell someone you think they're beautiful whether it's from a hot person or not..

Good luck.

This.

Oh and the Comedy + Confidence = Success is also true :yep:
Reply 10
You have the wrong attitude and if you want to be with an attractive girl you have to change that attitude. Don't change your personality for a girl, ever (unless you're a horrible person which I'm sure you're not).

Though it makes me sad that some people think if you look less then you have to settle for less. That isn't true.

You have to approach a girl seeing them as equal. Don't look down on them and don't look up at them as if they are a better species because they are not worser or better than you. You are level with them and have as much chance as anyone else if you know this is the case.

Often if you see a better looking person talking to the person you like then you will compare yourself to them, regard yourself as inferior and concede defeat. Try not to do this and remember you and the girl you like are equals. :smile:
Reply 11
You feel like you're not good enough for them, well, you're right, you aren't. How do you think it feels for the less attractive girls?
Joseph90
You have the wrong attitude and if you want to be with an attractive girl you have to change that attitude. Don't change your personality for a girl, ever (unless you're a horrible person which I'm sure you're not).

Though it makes me sad that some people think if you look less then you have to settle for less. That isn't true.

You have to approach a girl seeing them as equal. Don't look down on them and don't look up at them as if they are a better species because they are not worser or better than you. You are level with them and have as much chance as anyone else if you know this is the case.

Often if you see a better looking person talking to the person you like then you will compare yourself to them, regard yourself as inferior and concede defeat. Try not to do this and remember you and the girl you like are equals. :smile:

You're presenting it as fact that the beautiful girls are not worse or better. They are obviously better. Saying that they're no better than you just seems bitter/arrogant/disrespectful or something. I agree you'd probably have a better shot if you pretended you were their equal though.

The girl is beautiful and the guy looks like ****. The girl is special in at least one way, the guy?
Confidence might get you in there but it's more of a cheat. Anyone can be confident, give the impression of being funny and work out how to behave to draw girls in, it doesn't make you special or better. In fact, there are books out there which tell you how to step by step so that any plank who cares enough can do it. It just takes a bit of practice, and nothing natural. Beauty, intelligence etc are the elite things on which you can judge how special an individual is. Someone who is ugly etc might be able to cheat their way in with a beautiful girl, but they will never be that girl's equal.
Reply 13
I think average girls get more approached, a lot of guys are scared to approach really attractive girls because there intimidated by there looks or assume they already have a boyfreind etc. Not all good looking girls have a massive checklist on what they require, especially at your age. Just get a decent conversation going and make them laugh and you'll be in with a shot.
I agree with people who say comedy + confidence but I disagree with people who say you shouldn't appear cocky/arrogant. This is by no means true of every fit girl but, generally, these girls are very arrogant themselves and it takes someone to be even more arrogant to push their buttons. Obviously there is no fool proof way of going about this but I look at it as a numbers game. :wink:
Reply 15
Sithius
I don't understand why everyone is saying this all of a sudden. :s-smilie: Street fighter...?

No I saw them about 3 years ago and have a signed mixtape - back when noone had heard of them!
Reply 16
i think i better clear this up. Hadouken is a band - rap/techno/grime umm hard to describe but very good.

As for the girls, it is largely to do with confidence, to make that initial approach. if you really are worried about looks, start with 'less hot' girls and work ur way up. you never no, you might find someone special along the way
Reply 17
sophyy
No I saw them about 3 years ago and have a signed mixtape - back when noone had heard of them!

Ohhhhhh, it all makes sense now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadouken!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadouken
Reply 18

ahaha yeah I'm not cool enough to be into Hadouken....:o:
Reply 19
shessolovely
This.

Oh and the Comedy + Confidence = Success is also true :yep:

Thank you for agreeing ;-) :biggrin:

Latest

Trending