driving test reversing manoeuvres Watch

sdubz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
i just wanted to know from people that have passed their test can tell me which 2 reversing manoeuvres they did in their test and also did you have to do a emergency stop?
irish_4_life
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did two tests... failed the first

1. Bay park and turrn in the road
2. Reverse around the courner and bay park

No emergancy stops in either

Parrell park is the most uncommon manouvre and bay park is the most common near me anyway

My friend took hers yesterday and had to do emergancy stop.
Schleigg
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Turn in road, reverse bay park. Yes.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did an emergency stop in both my tests!

I know I did reversing round the corner both times too, but can't remember the others.
Artymess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Reverse round a corner, turn in the road and yes
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
turn in road and bay park. 2 easiest manoeuvres.
BigDickBastard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I only did a Turn in the Road, and a Reverse bay park and yes it is 80% likely you will do an emergency stop.

But it's all subjective, I failed my first driving test and on that one I did a Reverse around a Corner, and a Turn in the Road no emergency stop, but talking to friends they all see the emergency stop as standard and it's unlikely you won't get it.

If you really want to be ready for your test, all maneouvres have to be practiced to the point of perfection, on the day there really is no room for error. That's why I didn't pass first time, one small mistake through poor observation, but I took it on board for my retest and it was alot smoother and I passed with 4 minors!

Best of luck to you
yoyo462001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Reverse park and turn in the road..
TKM96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Passed first time with no minors

Did a 3-point turn and a parallel park. On comming back to the test centre, did a bay park, but don't know if that counts as one as well?
Thecadian
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
turn in road and reverse around a corner. A test center near me (not where i did my test) dosen't test the bay parking at all. Apparently they can't find anywhere to do it so many of my friends have never learnt to bay park, may be worth checking that your test center dosen't do the same.
cyborg
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Parallel park and left reverse.
Hello Laura!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
1st - turn in road and reverse around a corner. (Kilmarnock)
2nd - turn in road and reverse around a corner. (Kilmarnock)
3rd - turn in road and reverse around a corner and emergency stop. (Ayr)
EssexDan86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My test centre doesn't do bay parking, so I should soon be in the position of being able to drive with no bay parking skills!
Callipygian
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had reverse around a corner and bay park. Bay park was in the driving school at the end of the test.
A_master
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I remember having an emergency stop, but the test was too long ago to remember what else
JammyDodger4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BigDick*******)
I only did a Turn in the Road, and a Reverse bay park and yes it is 80% likely you will do an emergency stop.
Don't fret, on average emergency stops are asked to be performed on one-third of tests.
I got parallel park and turn in the road. Reverse round a corner seems to be the least likely, although i do think this varies depending on the location of the test centre.
gspot92
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BigDick*******)

But it's all subjective, I failed my first driving test and on that one I did a Reverse around a Corner, and a Turn in the Road no emergency stop, but talking to friends they all see the emergency stop as standard and it's unlikely you won't get it.

If you really want to be ready for your test, all maneouvres have to be practiced to the point of perfection, on the day there really is no room for error. That's why I didn't pass first time, one small mistake through poor observation, but I took it on board for my retest and it was alot smoother and I passed with 4 minors!

Best of luck to you
you say your manovers need to be perfect but my friend passed the other week with 2 minors both on parrallel park. :confused:

also can someone tell me what a reverse bay park is, never heard any1 talk about that i always thoght there was 3 manovers, turn in road, left reverse and parralel park.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The likelihood of you doing certain manoeuvres depends entirely on whether the opportunity comes up, i.e. whether there's a bay available, if a car is parked is the right place to parallel park behind it, and whether the roads are too busy to do an emergency stop.

I haven't done my test yet, but I'm hoping to get my manoeuvres just right.
laura-rad
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
First test : Parallel park and turn in the road.
Second test : Parallel park and turn in the road.
Third test : Parallel park and reverse around a corner.

I never got the emergency stop in any of the tests but I had to do one on the dual carriageway in my third test because of this driver who pulled out infront of me from the other side of the road.
BigDickBastard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gspot92)
you say your manovers need to be perfect but my friend passed the other week with 2 minors both on parrallel park. :confused:

also can someone tell me what a reverse bay park is, never heard any1 talk about that i always thoght there was 3 manovers, turn in road, left reverse and parralel park.
And my friend hit the kerb, got 13 minors and passed first time, its a game of luck with driving tests and you know that.

Another Examiner may have given him a serious, It's like hitting the kerb, some get punished, some get away with it.

All in all, you don't want to be vulnerable when doing a manoeuvre as the examiner may look to mark you down for it, best not to leave it to luck and you will significantly improve your chance of passing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads