Nature subscription Watch

jimber
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey, has anyone got a nature.com log-in? I badly need this article for my coursework but cant access it . Heres the link:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...f/106275b0.pdf
Thanks!
Revd. Mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jimber)
Hey, has anyone got a nature.com log-in? I badly need this article for my coursework but cant access it . Heres the link:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...f/106275b0.pdf
Thanks!
Do you really need it for your coursework? Nature is a bit advanced for A level.
jimber
Rep:
?
(Original post by Revd. Mike)
Do you really need it for your coursework? Nature is a bit advanced for A level.
Yeah my coursework is titled "the effect of vital capacity on aerobic endurance", I can send you a copy if you like? I could do with an accurate formula to estimate vital capacity and the background info could be really helpful + I get marks for referencing a scientific journal
Revd. Mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jimber)
Yeah my coursework is titled "the effect of vital capacity on aerobic endurance", I can send you a copy if you like? I could do with an accurate formula to estimate vital capacity and the background info could be really helpful + I get marks for referencing a scientific journal
Ok, but don't make the mistake of getting hung up with a specific source. You can probably find it elsewhere if you can't get hold of that source. Also, for A level purposes, the source you reference doesn't have to be a journal, it can be textbooks, newspapers, online articles etc.

All that taken into consideration, if you find that you do desperately need that Nature article, I'd first ask your science teachers, as one of them may have a subscription. If not, try asking in your local public library, although that may be a long shot. If all that fails, and you have a University near you, try asking if you can possibly use the library, as many of them will allow non-student access for a fee.
jimber
Rep:
?
(Original post by Revd. Mike)
Ok, but don't make the mistake of getting hung up with a specific source. You can probably find it elsewhere if you can't get hold of that source. Also, for A level purposes, the source you reference doesn't have to be a journal, it can be textbooks, newspapers, online articles etc.

All that taken into consideration, if you find that you do desperately need that Nature article, I'd first ask your science teachers, as one of them may have a subscription. If not, try asking in your local public library, although that may be a long shot. If all that fails, and you have a University near you, try asking if you can possibly use the library, as many of them will allow non-student access for a fee.
Yeah theres actually 2 marks for using a scientific journal (retared i know), i thought lots of uni students had subscriptions which is why I just quickly asked here. Anyway i'll pm you my coursework so far :cool:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?