Turn on thread page Beta

I can't take this anymore watch

Announcements

So basically, my mum and I tend to get into fights frequently. She absolutely loves to cause trouble and then goes into the guilt trip route of bringing up her health problems and how I'm contributing to them by fighting with her.

Anyway, in this incident, I was just having a chat with my brother at about midnight last night. She comes storming up the stairs and starts shrieking at me to get to bed since it's late. Now, if she was trying to sleep and it was causing her problems, I could understand where she was coming from. But no, she must have been bored or something and decided it would be fun to just piss us off. Now mind you, she doesn't go to bed until 3 in the morning or so, since she stays up watching TV all night so I don't really think it's in her place to tell me I'm staying up too late. Anyway, we got into an argument and I went to bed. End of that.

So this morning, I needed to get up fairly early since I was meeting some friends. Of course, she made sure that she was up before me and started shrieking at me that she needed in the shower first. Since I actually had to be somewhere and she didn't, we got into a fight. She started going on about how I was selfish and never do as I'm told. Now, if she was actually doing something important and had made me 5-10 minutes late for an actual reason, I wouldn't have cared. Thing is, she takes a good 45 minutes to get ready and so I ended up missing the film and thus, ruining my day. Also, there was the slight problem of her getting all pissy about me not doing what I was told and thus throwing things at me(toothbrush, books, etc.). When she was about to throw a frickin plate at me and telling me that she wanted to kill me, I grabbed her to stop her from hurting me/herself. Of course, being a guy, this made her start spouting off about how I was 'assaulting' her and that she'd call the police and put me into care. I don't even give a ****. Frankly, I'm so sick of this ******** happening, that I'd be GLAD to be out of here.

Also, I suppose you could just say that I should have stayed quiet and not allowed her to go nuts. Thing is, she hates it if I do nothing as well.

**** it! I know this probably sound stupid and I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of people with much worse lives but I just needed to vent.

Tell me about it!! I hate it when parents are SOOOO pedantic and petty. If something happens like this, stay calm, and talk quite quietly/calmy, to show her how much she is over reacting and how childish she is being. I find if i get annoyed and then start shouting back it just gets worse and then the argument turns in to how im causing so much trouble by shouting etc.
    How old are you? I'd say, if you can, just move out.... hope this helps

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Tell me about it!! I hate it when parents are SOOOO pedantic and petty. If something happens like this, stay calm, and talk quite quietly/calmy, to show her how much she is over reacting and how childish she is being. I find if i get annoyed and then start shouting back it just gets worse and then the argument turns in to how im causing so much trouble by shouting etc.
    How old are you? I'd say, if you can, just move out.... hope this helps
    That's EXACTLY what I've tried before! It never works. It pisses her off just as much as if I yell, because she never believes she's in the wrong and will never admit it.

Unfortunately, I'm 16 and still at school. I don't have a job at the moment and I don't think you're even legally allowed to leave if you're still at high school. It's not really feasible at the moment, but as soon as I finish and head off to Uni, I'm out of here!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.