Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend 'deciding whether to dump me' because of my stripper past watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Exactly I did all these things BEFORE I even met him, I'm not in the business anymore. I don't see why he's getting so upset, or saying since I've 'crossed the line', he has to take time out to think about it :/

It's killing me inside, because after all I have done for him, I feel like a degenerate. That's why I'm frustrated.

Anyway it has been a few days already, and he says he'll have an answer for me by Wed. If it's one of those 'I'll consider having an open-relationship' decisions, I'll have to end it I'm sorry. I can't deal with the lack of respect when I'ma changed person. And he keeps on going on about 'what if my family find out, when accidently bumping from someone in your past?' wtf how will they find out? I moved cities. Unless they went back there and purposely probed, ffs.
    Yeah...your bf and his family need to get with the times tbh. Also, he doesnt seem too bright. I'm sure he's got loads of amazing qualities and such...but do you really want a relationship with someone who clearly thinks less of you now?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you did lie to him - lying and just not saying something are different things. I think he was out of line to say that with knowledge of your stripping you're suddenly not good enough for him, as you didn't stop being the same person he met as soon as he knew, and what's being good enough for his family got to do with it? Stuff them.
    I can understand that he wants to think about it a bit and come to terms with the idea that other guys have seen you naked, but that still stands for every guy dating a non-virgin. The point is that you're not doing any more. Good luck with everything OP.

The only thing that would bother me in this situation is "if" you were to lose your current job say tomorrow would stripping ever come back into your life? I mean the past is done with and everything, but the future is more my concern.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you were a stripper in your past is irrelevant in your relationship now. Seriously if he is going to act like you are not good enough now because of what you did in the past then be done with his sorry ass. Straight up nobody is perfect and we all have done things in our past that we are not proud of. You should ask him what skeletons he has in his closet because chances are his closet isnt clean either.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just give him some time OP and see what happens,
    If he's okay great! But don't lie to him again,

If he's dumps you ah well screw his ass and move on! But don't lie to your new partner about this its something important for them to know especially depending on their background and whether they "agree" with it x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elektra06)
    Just give him some time OP and see what happens,
    If he's okay great! But don't lie to him again,

If he's dumps you ah well screw his ass and move on! But don't lie to your new partner about this its something important for them to know especially depending on their background and whether they "agree" with it x
    I'm pretty sure 8 years is plenty of time...
    OP's probably arrived at a conclusion by now hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Didn't see the post date just that other people were commenting so I figured 😂😂😂

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.