Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else got their p4,p5,p6 exam on monday?
    How are you feeling about it?
    How much revision you done on it?
    They've changed the format of the paper and I swear the assessment material with the new format is insanely hard.

ReputationRep:
    Yh i have just take that exam today, how did you find it because i did not do well at all!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i foudn it really good actually. nothing too taxing. admittedly, i prefered the new style in physics rather than in chemistry as in physics it usually means just show working out for some calculation

ReputationRep:
    But there was only one calculation question and did you find the tick boxes etc. quick tricky?? especially the one about the bricks??

ReputationRep:
    also i am tkaing similar subects, not the biology though why would you want to do ALL 3 sciences?? you know there is kinda no point in all three

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 192837465)
    But there was only one calculation question and did you find the tick boxes etc. quick tricky?? especially the one about the bricks??
    The bricks one wasn't too bad actually. The confusing one was this the E.M induction of a voltage. Literally just put random ticks and crosses

ReputationRep:
    yh that was really wierd. at first i got confused and thought the switch open was the switch closed. but hwne i relised it was the other way round i had like 2 secondes to change but i only put two ticks the rest were crosses. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aljabiraa)
    The bricks one wasn't too bad actually. The confusing one was this the E.M induction of a voltage. Literally just put random ticks and crosses

Yes that was the one question i did not get at all!

I thought the paper was quite tough but I think I did okay on it.

Was the one about the speed of the plane 20m/s where you had to do velocity= 2X KE divide by Mass and square root?

And the coulombs one, wtf?

Hopefully I did okay on it though.

ReputationRep:
    yh i think the plane one was right that is what i put
    and the coulombds one was 3joules because it said that 1 joule was 1 volt, did you read the whole of the qiestion because i didnt but then i re-read it and it meade sense, becuase the pd was 3volts then the energy transferred was 3 joules. Get it?
    also when do we get our reaults back because i really need an A and i am so worried i wont
    when you get yours back post here what you got.

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK hope you get a good grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 192837465)
    yh i think the plane one was right that is what i put
    and the coulombds one was 3joules because it said that 1 joule was 1 volt, did you read the whole of the qiestion because i didnt but then i re-read it and it meade sense, becuase the pd was 3volts then the energy transferred was 3 joules. Get it?
    also when do we get our reaults back because i really need an A and i am so worried i wont
    when you get yours back post here what you got.
    I thought 3J but then crossed it out cos i thought it couldn't be that easy. It was 2 ohm and 4 ohm so i distrubiuted the energy and wrote 2J. D'OH!

ReputationRep:
    Found this exam really easy myself, prefer the new style over the old style. I felt it was easier to pick up marks and there was more physics involved, rather than throwing your pen at the desk to decide which box to tick.

I got 20m/s for the helicopter question too, I found it so simple. The equation was v = √2KE/m. Then I checked it with the A-Level equation v= √2gh. It was really simple but everyone seemed to make a massive fuss out of it.

Some of the questions did baffle me a little though. I think it was alright though.

ReputationRep:
    OMG did you get your results yet???? i have, i got A* in physics, chemistry and 1 mark away from full marks in biology!!!!
    What about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.