The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Heard negative things about LSE.

I would like to apply to LSE. However, after searching around I've heard some very engative things that you guys have probably had to deal with before.

Things about the lack of good teaching and the atmosphere. Are these things actually bad? And if they are, are they bad compared to LSE's rivals like Oxbridge? Or are they just bad compared to any average university? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yea, its really horrible here, im not surprised no one wants to apply.

ps i would still advise you to utilise the search function though, because even in my short presence on TSR there have been numerous posts on this already.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
ziroic
I would like to apply to LSE. However, after searching around I've heard some very engative things that you guys have probably had to deal with before.

Things about the lack of good teaching and the atmosphere. Are these things actually bad? And if they are, are they bad compared to LSE's rivals like Oxbridge? Or are they just bad compared to any average university? Thanks.

What are you expecting? Utopia?

No university is perfect, there are problems at every single institution in the world.

Go and visit the uni, talk to the students/tutors etc on an open day and decide. Thats the only way, reading half truths on a forum does not compare to actually going and visiting the LSE.
ziroic

I heard it's full of small Asian economists.
Reply 4
yes this is true. i would estimate 60-65% are asian at least. (about 50% non-eu and most are asians and a lot of those that count as UK are asian themselves).
Bunch of commies...
Reply 6
tomheppy
Bunch of commies...

Genius sig.

CYE :adore:
Watch Silent Witness, you'll get your answers...
Academically it's crap, socially it's ok but still worse than most other places (not because the people are so bad, but because the facilities are). Good entry point into investment banking though, and good research in some departments (though that will benefit you zilch). That's about it.
Reply 9
Well, the worse rep LSE gets, the less people will apply, the less competitive it will get = Easier for me to get in.. so I aint complaining :smile:

Didn't know there were that many asians though.. they're pretty cool though, so no worries!
Reply 10
BigFudamental
Academically it's crap

BS.
Overmars
BS.

True story.
Reply 12
Overmars
BS.

i think we are all taking the piss.
Reply 13
judith shapiro begs to differ.
(edited 3 years ago)
looool
Reply 15
BigFudamental
True story.

Cool story.
Reply 16
Tell me a uni you haven't heard negative things about...
Reply 17
danny111
i think we are all taking the piss.

Oh.

I'll just.. :getmecoat:
Reply 18
hunty91
Tell me a uni you haven't heard negative things about...

university of buckingham.
Reply 19
If yu can only get int LSE why bother going to University in the first place?

Latest