Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to apply to LSE. However, after searching around I've heard some very engative things that you guys have probably had to deal with before.

Things about the lack of good teaching and the atmosphere. Are these things actually bad? And if they are, are they bad compared to LSE's rivals like Oxbridge? Or are they just bad compared to any average university? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    yea, its really horrible here, im not surprised no one wants to apply.

ps i would still advise you to utilise the search function though, because even in my short presence on TSR there have been numerous posts on this already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziroic)
    I would like to apply to LSE. However, after searching around I've heard some very engative things that you guys have probably had to deal with before.

Things about the lack of good teaching and the atmosphere. Are these things actually bad? And if they are, are they bad compared to LSE's rivals like Oxbridge? Or are they just bad compared to any average university? Thanks.
    What are you expecting? Utopia?

No university is perfect, there are problems at every single institution in the world.

Go and visit the uni, talk to the students/tutors etc on an open day and decide. Thats the only way, reading half truths on a forum does not compare to actually going and visiting the LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziroic)

I heard it's full of small Asian economists.

ReputationRep:
    yes this is true. i would estimate 60-65% are asian at least. (about 50% non-eu and most are asians and a lot of those that count as UK are asian themselves).

ReputationRep:
    Bunch of commies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomheppy)
    Bunch of commies...
    Genius sig.

CYE :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Watch Silent Witness, you'll get your answers...

ReputationRep:
    Academically it's crap, socially it's ok but still worse than most other places (not because the people are so bad, but because the facilities are). Good entry point into investment banking though, and good research in some departments (though that will benefit you zilch). That's about it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the worse rep LSE gets, the less people will apply, the less competitive it will get = Easier for me to get in.. so I aint complaining

Didn't know there were that many asians though.. they're pretty cool though, so no worries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigFudamental)
    Academically it's crap
    BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    BS.
    True story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    BS.
    i think we are all taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Cooper)
    If you're looking for commitment to the undergraduate learning experience LSE is not the place. Even one of the academics there said that staff were to busy with research to give a monkeys
    judith shapiro begs to differ.

ReputationRep:
    looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigFudamental)
    True story.
    Cool story.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me a uni you haven't heard negative things about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    i think we are all taking the piss.
    Oh.

I'll just.. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunty91)
    Tell me a uni you haven't heard negative things about...
    university of buckingham.

ReputationRep:
    If yu can only get int LSE why bother going to University in the first place?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.