Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hotmail and student finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    Just got off the phone... what an arsey advisor, I bet this is what they've been doing all day.
    did they sort it for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bringmesunshine)
    there is a technical fault which means that currently they are unable to send emails to hotmail and live accounts
    Hmm I got an e-mail from them 3 days ago, unless this fault is very recent.

ReputationRep:
    did they sort it for you?
    Yup, the woman yesterday had entered in my Uni email address wrong , so he re-entered it and I just got an email with my new password and secret answer. Be prepared to be asked ten thousand questions like your NI number.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god I saved amy password, secret password and CNR number then eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasitic)
    Hmm I got an e-mail from them 3 days ago, unless this fault is very recent.
    it has been in the last couple of days

ReputationRep:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dire...acts/DG_172310

it says they are open today
    Ah thank you for that then.

ReputationRep:
    i can hardly speak due to a throat infection.
    Tell him not to be so rough next time then.

ReputationRep:
    glad im not the only one who forgot the password. the 'alert' they put on there website was APPALLING. I mean, if they know there having a problem, and can be arsed to update the website, why didn't they warn people on the reset page, or stop people from resetting with hotmail accounts? I.T students could do that in there sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vimms29)
    glad im not the only one who forgot the password. the 'alert' they put on there website was APPALLING. I mean, if they know there having a problem, and can be arsed to update the website, why didn't they warn people on the reset page, or stop people from resetting with hotmail accounts? I.T students could do that in there sleep!
    I think the site is so locked down that they can't update anything other than specified areas.

To be fair to them its probably not a problem at there end its probably Microsoft and they need to get Microsoft to sort it.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.