Turn on thread page Beta

Weird thoughts regarding exercise watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    Do you normally start reading and stop halfway through an explanation? The point is I don't want my legs to grow in size anymore. Any training on them will make them increase in size. If your legs are like toothpicks and you don't lift weights you wouldn't have any ideas. Go to Argos and buy yourself a 5kg dumb-bell pyramid, you tool.

Don't get cocky, you fool.
    Sigh...

Your legs are small dude, in fact measure the width of your thigh just to prove to yourself your legs are small. I really, really find it hard to believe your an LSE undergraduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    Thanks for answering the question, doofus.
    You train arms 2 days a week but you're too much of a pussy to do squats/deadlifts, etc. Like Bishamon, I don't believe your legs would be 'too big' to benefit from strenuous exercises like squats/deadlifts.

You're an embarrassment to LSE for being so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    I don't train legs as I used to do karate, and I did it for 10 years. I represented the UK in regional and international competitions, and the training was very leg-intensive. Further, I used to be fat, and so have fat thighs. What karate did is stop them from becoming slim and just made into muscle. I have about 1mm skinfold on them, and I can't wear jeans as they're too tight (without wearing a ridiculous waist size). If I train legs I'm worried they'll get bigger.
    You are an idiot. If your jeans are tight, I dunno... buy some bigger jeans?

And karate is a stupid activity, or it produces stupid athletes. Especially if these 'athletes' can't see that being stronger would help them in their endeavours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Sigh...

Your legs are small dude, in fact measure the width of your thigh just to prove to yourself your legs are small. I really, really find it hard to believe your an LSE undergraduate.
    You think it makes you sound clever to put lines like 'I really, really find it hard to believe your an LSE undergraduate'. That has nothing to do with it. What has my academic ability have to do with my approach to lifting. You know nothing about me, and you haven't listened to anything I've written in previous posts. I've told you that my thighs are large, so why the f*** do I need to qualify that with you and give you the measurement. You can p*** off. If you don't believe me, don't try and be a hero and make me look stupid, just stop replying.

You're clearly the idiot, posting on a fitness forum doesn't make you a hard nut.

'Your legs are small dude'. I used to leg press 250kg as a 16 year old, and I currently dead-lift 180kg (back training), so shut up.

You are an actual prat, that should f*** off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    You are an idiot. If your jeans are tight, I dunno... buy some bigger jeans?

And karate is a stupid activity, or it produces stupid athletes. Especially if these 'athletes' can't see that being stronger would help them in their endeavours.
    If you read my previous post, I said that jeans only fit with ridiculous waist measurements. Karate isn't stupid, go and join one of your crappy uni clubs and come back to me when you get a Silver medal at a World Championships, beating previous World Champions on the way...
    You're stupid, you probably don't know anything about karate. I won't go into it, cos you're probably a waste of time. And on what grounds is it stupid? Being stronger does help me in my endeavours, when did I say that it didn't? TSR people seem to think they're immense...

WHEN THEY'RE NOT (and neither are you) - arrogant sh*t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    You think it makes you sound clever to put lines like 'I really, really find it hard to believe your an LSE undergraduate'. That has nothing to do with it. What has my academic ability have to do with my approach to lifting. You know nothing about me, and you haven't listened to anything I've written in previous posts. I've told you that my thighs are large, so why the f*** do I need to qualify that with you and give you the measurement. You can p*** off. If you don't believe me, don't try and be a hero and make me look stupid, just stop replying.

You're clearly the idiot, posting on a fitness forum doesn't make you a hard nut.

'Your legs are small dude'. I used to leg press 250kg as a 16 year old, and I currently dead-lift 180kg (back training), so shut up.

You are an actual prat, that should f*** off.

Fight it Bish...

You know you can...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    Karate isn't stupid, go and join one of your crappy uni clubs and come back to me when you get a Silver medal at a World Championships, beating previous World Champions on the way...
    ...against other karate'ers.

(Original post by Gooj)
    You're stupid, you probably don't know anything about karate. I won't go into it, cos you're probably a waste of time.
    and then...
    (Original post by Gooj)
    And on what grounds is it stupid? Being stronger does help me in my endeavours, when did I say that it didn't? TSR people seem to think they're immense...

WHEN THEY'RE NOT (and neither are you) - arrogant sh*t.
    wtf? lol

Everyone knows karate is not a real martial art and using karate techniques will not help you in any real self defence situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    ...against other karate'ers.

and then...

wtf? lol

Everyone knows karate is not a real martial art and using karate techniques will not help you in any real self defence situation.
    'everyone knows'..

you SURE know how to argue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Quit lying to yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    'everyone knows'..

you SURE know how to argue
    Admit it, who put you up to the trolling. My troll shields have improved 20% since my last encounter with your kind.

ReputationRep:
    Admit it, who put you up to the trolling. My troll shields have improved 20% since my last encounter with your kind.
    WOW, I didn't know people had the capacity to write such pointless comments. Thanks for writing all these messages on this thread, none of which have been useful, and instead have just questioned how much of an 'idiot' I am.

Thank god for this site, lots of 'intelligent' people on one site. Oooh.

Don't worry about replying, it'll probably a ***** message including a pointless stab at me.
    Cheers for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    WOW, I didn't know people had the capacity to write such pointless comments. Thanks for writing all these messages on this thread, none of which have been useful, and instead have just questioned how much of an 'idiot' I am.

Thank god for this site, lots of 'intelligent' people on one site. Oooh.

Don't worry about replying, it'll probably a ***** message including a pointless stab at me.
    Cheers for the advice.
    Oh, you know me so well :flutter:

Alright look, serious Bish time here, you have any lift vids/pics to show us so we can this level of swoleness which you so dont want to overdo? Your copout from doing leg training is one the lamest I have ever seen, lower body training extends far beyond quadriceps and hamstring hypertrophy, lower body resistance exercises aides stability, core and upper body explosive power potential.

There is a kind of program on the subforum, you pull out a piece of ******** "knowledge" you will get called to task on it. Often more than not the poster is then questioned in regards to his own progress to prove that he actually has a leg to stand on. Here it is pretty obvious, you're a systematic liar on a number of fronts. I am bigger than you, post larger lifts, have more experience, I have never heard of a 180kg deadlifter who does not train his legs, ******** central my friend, please dont even attempt to pull that **** on me.

Once again your academic credentials are called into question. Yes, academic ability is not exactly a decisive factor in ones training potential or ability. But academic prowess does often denote a modicum of intelligence, an intelligence which you consistently fail to display in this thread with your frequent ad hominem attacks, lack of conjecture, argumentative structure and just downright playground stupidity at the worst of times. Your comments on lower body training also display a glaring misunderstanding of elementary physical knowledge, something I find shocking from someone of your supposed academic calibre.

Grow up, you sound like five year old throwing his toys because he is be shown for the idiot he is.

ReputationRep:

Alright look, serious Bish time here, you have any lift vids/pics to show us so we can this level of swoleness which you so dont want to overdo? Your copout from doing leg training is one the lamest I have ever seen, lower body training extends far beyond quadriceps and hamstring hypertrophy, lower body resistance exercises aides stability, core and upper body explosive power potential.

There is a kind of program on the subforum, you pull out a piece of ******** "knowledge" you will get called to task on it. Often more than not the poster is then questioned in regards to his own progress to prove that he actually has a leg to stand on. Here it is pretty obvious, you're a systematic liar on a number of fronts. I am bigger than you, post larger lifts, have more experience, I have never heard of a 180kg deadlifter who does not train his legs, ******** central my friend, please dont even attempt to pull that **** on me.

Once again your academic credentials are called into question. Yes, academic ability is not exactly a decisive factor in ones training potential or ability. But academic prowess does often denote a modicum of intelligence, an intelligence which you consistently fail to display in this thread with your frequent ad hominem attacks, lack of conjecture, argumentative structure and just downright playground stupidity at the worst of times. Your comments on lower body training also display a glaring misunderstanding of elementary physical knowledge, something I find shocking from someone of your supposed academic calibre.

Grow up, you sound like five year old throwing his toys because he is be shown for the idiot he is.
    ok
    Yawn.

ReputationRep:

Bull**** aside, thanks for the info on the leg training in that post, it's useful. If you just posted that in the first place rather than making me justify myself every second it would have been more appreciated. Excuse the previous comment. Thanks.

EDIT: I can lift 180kg deadlift though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    Bull**** aside, thanks for the info on the leg training in that post, it's useful. If you just posted that in the first place rather than making me justify myself every second it would have been more appreciated. Excuse the previous comment. Thanks.

EDIT: I can lift 180kg deadlift though.
    No you cant, how about a pic? Any 180kg deadlifter should be moderately swole. You can just reply with a "yawn" but thats the classic copout. You're a systemic *********** dude, provide some evidence or just quit with the trolling.

ReputationRep:
    No you cant, how about a pic? Any 180kg deadlifter should be moderately swole. You can just reply with a "yawn" but thats the classic copout. You're a systemic *********** dude, provide some evidence or just quit with the trolling.
    You're a tough cookie, but I don't get people to take pictures of me while I'm in the gym. I go to a public gym, where that would just be weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    You're a tough cookie, but I don't get people to take pictures of me while I'm in the gym. I go to a public gym, where that would just be weird.
    You dont have to be in the gym to take an image of your progress, you must now see why you are becoming harder and harder to believe. 180kg deadlifting often displays a reasonably advanced level of understanding in regards to strength training as well as an ability to utilise the Rectus femoris, Vastus lateralis, Vastus intermedius, Vastus medialis of the quads and the hamstring long heads and short heads. In short, a significant level of lower body proficiency would have to be obtained before one can perform reasonably large weights adequately. You can only obtain this by actually training the lower body, which you do not, hence I can bet my goddamn ass that your deadlift is not 180kg. Just fess up to it now so you can save yourself further embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to be in the gym to take an image of your progress, you must now see why you are becoming harder and harder to believe. 180kg deadlifting often displays a reasonably advanced level of understanding in regards to strength training as well as an ability to utilise the Rectus femoris, Vastus lateralis, Vastus intermedius, Vastus medialis of the quads and the hamstring long heads and short heads. In short, a significant level of lower body proficiency would have to be obtained before one can perform reasonably large weights adequately. You can only obtain this by actually training the lower body, which you do not, hence I can bet my goddamn ass that your deadlift is not 180kg. Just fess up to it now so you can save yourself further embarrassment.
    You're naming all these muscle names, but all I do is put some plates on the sides of the bar and deadlift. I don't think about what I'm doing, in fact I am often quite absent-minded for the first few reps. I learnt the technique off various videos from the web, I don't claim to be an expert. I don't know why you think I'd want to make myself sound good to you. I don't know who you are etc. I just made a point. Accept it or ignore it. But I'm not lying. You might not know about the training I was put through, we had weekly gym sessions in UK training where we'd work the legs with squats and I can't remember the other exercises. I also started Olympic training, I was selected for the GB Olympic boxing team, but I withdrew to study. My legs have just got to a stage where they look too large. You're not talking to an average once a week type person, I was Olympian standard.. before withdrawing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gooj)
    You're naming all these muscle names, but all I do is put some plates on the sides of the bar and deadlift. I don't think about what I'm doing, in fact I am often quite absent-minded for the first few reps. I learnt the technique off various videos from the web, I don't claim to be an expert. I don't know why you think I'd want to make myself sound good to you. I don't know who you are etc. I just made a point. Accept it or ignore it. But I'm not lying. You might not know about the training I was put through, we had weekly gym sessions in UK training where we'd work the legs with squats and I can't remember the other exercises. I also started Olympic training, I was selected for the GB Olympic boxing team, but I withdrew to study. My legs have just got to a stage where they look too large. You're not talking to an average once a week type person, I was Olympian standard.. before withdrawing.
    lol

go on, I actually follow amateur boxing ver closely and knew the GB olympic selection very well. You dont have to drop a name but you can at least tell me your club cant you? Stunning you have deadlifted heavy considering most trainers rule it the **** out.

Wow, are some kind of demented fantasist or am I being seriously trolled here?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.