Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I woke up this morning and suddenly I have this immense pain down the right handside of my back/shoulder/neck. When I move my neck to the right I get this horrible pain shoot down the righthand side and my right shoulder.
    Also when I move my right arm it happens.

I haven't had an accident of had any trauma whatsoever to my neck/back/arms - I don't understand. It's very painful I don't think it's worth bothering a doctor about - at least not yet. Wtf is up with me though?

ReputationRep:
    Probly slept in a strange position, just rub it or something.

ReputationRep:
    either you slept walk, and took part in a wrestling match without knowing (i advise searching youtube for evidence)

or you slept badly on it, in which case just down some ibuprofen.

if theres no improvement by tomorow morning i might go see a doctor, or at least book an appointment for tuesday/wednesday, which you can always cancel if its better by then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    i don't know what the medical term is, but apparently this is relativley common. you've pulled something in your sleep, it's quite easy to do. i pulled something in my neck whilst turning over once, my god it resulted in the worst shooting pains down my neck ever, everytime i moved. it took about 6 days to mend itself.

nothing to worry about i shouldn't think.
    Yeh similarly Ive inflamed the muscle between my ribs before (a couple of times) and it hurt like hell trying to move my head/neck/arm but it takes only days to resolve itself if you take ibuprofen/are careful/rest. It was only a couple of days the other time cos I went to my chiropractor (though the treatment was extremely painful).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.