Turn on thread page Beta

im so upset i have like no motivation,
    i lost a lot of weight in summer but have gained it all back , nd also struggling with course at uni as find it hardto stay focused i watch WAY too much TV
    anyone have any motivational tips for studying andfor losing weight??

ReputationRep:
    Go and study somewhere free from distractions.

With the weight, I would just not buy anythng that can tempt you and think about how you feel when you put weight on.

ReputationRep:
    I joined a gym like five minutes away from me and now I go there when I'm bored or whatever. It makes you feel good, and you'll end up looking better too. Sign up for exercise classes, they're pretty motivational.

As for the weight, I buy ********* of fruit and snack on that instead of junk food. If I go out for lunch or dinner with someone (which isn't that often), I'll allow myself to gorge, and I'll allow myself a bag of crisps and a bar of chocolate like once a week when I do the shopping. It really helps me to stop binging (I used to be terrible).

Try reading books instead of watching TV? I don't think TV's that bad though, a nice sitcom usually makes me feel better, and there's some intellectual stuff on there too. The internet (esp. Facebook) is far worse... it's better to cut down on that.

As for motivation, when you go to lectures maybe stay an hour or so in the library to catch up on work - or do it during breaks, or even force yourself down there on a free day for a few hours.

the reasoni dont like going to the library is coz other people from my year might be there and then theyll be like ooh shes studying wht u doin etc and might call me a geek
    and cant study inmy flat as keep goin on net

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    the reasoni dont like going to the library is coz other people from my year might be there and then theyll be like ooh shes studying wht u doin etc and might call me a geek
    and cant study inmy flat as keep goin on net
    Ignore them, that's pathetic. Put headphones in or something and pretend you can't hear them.

Or you could pull out your router etc and put it somewhere.

(Original post by hannah_dru)
    Ignore them, that's pathetic. Put headphones in or something and pretend you can't hear them.

Or you could pull out your router etc and put it somewhere.
    its just soo hard to stay motivated, and work
    i can do work in library but ike i said dont like goin coz of ppl in year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    its just soo hard to stay motivated, and work
    i can do work in library but ike i said dont like goin coz of ppl in year
    I know it is, but you've gotta try otherwise you won't get anywhere.
    Is there not somewhere else you can go? Honestly, you shouldn't let them bother you, you just have to bite the bullet and ignore anything they come out with. Technically you're letting them win by not going.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.