The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I went for male as girls are really ruthless and don't care if they guy they want have a girlfriend/wife already...
Reply 21
iamkund
What I'm saying is you're trying to push circumstances into this. They don't matter. Doesn't matter how it happened (though you can say that in your post/experience), but for poll it doesn't matter. Let's say your boyfriend was found out cheating. He cheated, end of. So you vote 'Male'.

What the hell are you talking about and are you quoting the right person?

I don't understand what's going on!
Both cheat, both screw around and both can mess up relationships.
There should be an 'equally likely' option.
Reply 23
BillyMarsh
It's now which gender would cheat it's which person that has no morals.

That's a different question altogether to be honest. Morals could be a question of 'Would you take candy from a baby?', and 'Would you steal from someone who wouldn't miss it?'. This is exclusively a question of infidelity in relationships, though they do cross tracks.
Reply 24
O-Ren
What the hell are you talking about and are you quoting the right person?

I don't understand what's going on!

Leave the thread, you're a moron.

I don't need to include 'I'm a girl and I cheated on a guy', or any other mutilated version of the original question.
Reply 25
I've only ever really seen women who are cheating. I mean only friday night just gone, my housemates friend went home with my best mate and she was deemed to be in a perfectly happy relationship of 1.5 years. It just goes to show, even in a great relationship people can still stray away. Girls are fickle at our age, seem to change their opinion a lot.
Reply 26
iamkund
What I'm saying is you're trying to push circumstances into this. They don't matter. Doesn't matter how it happened (though you can say that in your post/experience), but for poll it doesn't matter. Let's say your boyfriend was found out cheating. He cheated, end of. So you vote 'Male'.

Just because one guy cheated on you doesn't mean that men are necessarily more likely to cheat. You can't generalise from one experience of one individual to the general behaviour of half the people on the planet.
Reply 27
I agree with the first reply. Men are more likely to cheat for the physical aspect and women, the emotional. But who cheats more? I have no idea. My boyfriend cheated on me, but I know girl who have cheated on their other half too.
Reply 28
I don't think it's something you can judge by gender. Both cheat, and I think it's more down to circumstance tbh. Problems settling in a relationship, emotional issues (a friend of mine cheated because she felt like she couldn't talk to her fella) poor sex life...

I have friends of both genders who have cheated, with the two stand outs being of different gender.
Reply 29
iamkund
Leave the thread, you're a moron.

I don't need to include 'I'm a girl and I cheated on a guy', or any other mutilated version of the original question.

You are the moron. You - for some reason - did not understand my post. The only way to find out which gender cheats more is to ask people their GENDER and IF THEY HAVE CHEATED.

What the HELL do you think the best way is?

Jesus ******* christ I hate humans
Reply 30
It is in fact Women who cheat more.
Reply 31
SpamBa
I'd be inclined to think guys. Simply because they have a higher sex drive and are more likely to be getting less sex than they want in a relationship. But obviously lots of women cheat too - I think when men cheat it tends to be more about a lack of sex, when women cheat it tends to be about a lack of emotional connection with their current partner.

You're a "girl" and distrust "guys". I'm a "guy" and distrust "girls". The poll will probably generally be "guys" saying "girls" cheat more, and vice-versa. :smile:
Reply 32
SpamBa
Just because one guy cheated on you doesn't mean that men are necessarily more likely to cheat. You can't generalise from one experience of one individual to the general behaviour of half the people on the planet.

People develop opinions through experience, which is key to the topic here. Personal experience is the biggest source of truth people can offer on this topic, as they know what happened, and they may have experienced it.

I'm not asking people to generalise based upon experienced, but it seems to be the most concise and authentic way of measuring this kind of activity. Maybe you can go and read some online articles or tabloid for some more 'accurate' results.
iamkund
That's a different question altogether to be honest. Morals could be a question of 'Would you take candy from a baby?', and 'Would you steal from someone who wouldn't miss it?'. This is exclusively a question of infidelity in relationships, though they do cross tracks.

End of the day, if you cheat on someone you clearly lack self-respect and morals... It's not stealing candy from a baby it's going into the shop and buying more when you already have stolen it.
SpamBa
Disagree, see my earlier post.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you too :p:

OP doesn't ask why women/men cheat but which gender is more likely to cheat. And you can't give an accurate answer purely down to the fact that you like generalise. Different people have different reasons, so you can't just say that men want more sex and women want something special and romantic.
Reply 35
O-Ren
You are the moron. You - for some reason - did not understand my post. The only way to find out which gender cheats more is to ask people their GENDER and IF THEY HAVE CHEATED.

What the HELL do you think the best way is?

Jesus ******* christ I hate humans

Useless. People will still click the same button regardless of what it says, as they have a stance firmly in their minds already.

Leave the thread if you're getting irate.
Reply 36
Playboy King
If you know contraception exists then you should also know that contraception doesn't eliminate the chance of pregnancy by 100%.

This has worried me now, I didn't know girls could be that cruel :erm: telling a guy a kid's his when it isn't :no: DNA tests right after the birth should be a legal obligation I say!

I think this is pretty horrible ...

Reply 37
BillyMarsh
End of the day, if you cheat on someone you clearly lack self-respect and morals... It's not stealing candy from a baby it's going into the shop and buying more when you already have stolen it.

It just devalues the whole meaning of being in a relationship if you're going to be hooking up with other people as well.
Reply 38
Is everyone just voting for the opposite gender in the poll!?
Reply 39
iamkund
Useless. People will still click the same button regardless of what it says, as they have a stance firmly in their minds already.

Leave the thread if you're getting irate.

What?

Seriously, what?

Are you saying people are going to lie about whether or not they have cheated, on an anonymous internet poll.

Well there are a few people who like to click polls randomly I guess.

I think the only way for this discussion to move forward, is for you to explain to me what you think I'm saying. There must have been some breakdown of communication somewhere. I think it happened right at the beginning.

It's coming across that you think the best way to work out which gender cheats more is, is to ask people what they think, rather than their gender and if they have cheated. You cannot possibly be that thick though.

Latest

Trending

Trending