Turn on thread page Beta

Kill, Negotiate with or Buy off the Taliban...so many options watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What is going to happen?
    Extermination
    49.02%
    Negotiation
    37.25%
    Bribery
    13.73%

ReputationRep:
    What's going to happen?

ReputationRep:
    Gordon challenges Osama to a game of chess.

Gordon wins.

Osama dies.

ReputationRep:
    Gordon challenges Osama to a game of hide and seek.

Osama wins.

We all die.

ReputationRep:
    All of the above but none of them are gonna work and we'll be out of there in three years time.

ReputationRep:
    kill them all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right>Left)
    kill them all
    That's worked well so far hasn't it.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    That's worked well so far hasn't it.:yep:
    well tbh i dont think we will but its want we and the Afgan people want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right>Left)
    well tbh i dont think we will but its want we and the Afgan people want
    Yeah but it hasn't worked has it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    Gordon challenges Osama to a game of hide and seek.

Osama wins.

We all die.
    Bahahahaha

ReputationRep:

I don't think there needs to be an end-goal. This mission should be seen more as an ongoing project. Kill as many of them as possible. When new ones come up, kill them too.

It's expensive, I do gather that, but Im happy to donate part of my tax to it.

ReputationRep:
    i said I dont think we will...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    I don't think there needs to be an end-goal. This mission should be seen more as an ongoing project. Kill as many of them as possible. When new ones come up, kill them too.

Yes because that will work wont it..the more you kill the more will come..then something drastic happens and you end up in like 10 countries :curious:

Maybe when England/America goes bankrupt and China laughs then you'll see the stupidity of it all :P

ReputationRep:
    I used to be against all negotiation with the Taliban, but I now believe there are factions which we can bribe over. This will have to be regulated. I'm still for killing as many of them as possible, but we can dilute the effect of this. There is a difference in ideology between senior plays (who have accepted Al Qaeda's ideology) and those who are doing it out of revenge, isolation and money. If we can get, essentially what are, the mercenaries to stop, it'll make life easier for all involved - except the Taliban.

ReputationRep:
    That's worked well so far hasn't it.
    That's hardly what ISAF have been doing. Hell that isn't what they're doing at all, they're there as peace keepers. Refine the rules of engagement so that soldiers can actually kill confirmed Jihadi's (and that's the real problem isn't it?) without having to be attacked first and we'll be out of Afghanistan in no time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)

Too bad they're also kiling us in the process and we'll be throwing our money away for years to come.

ReputationRep:
    Where's the fourth option of just withdrawing from the country?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a 'Snog, Marry, Avoid' spinoff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeliWolf)
    That's hardly what ISAF have been doing. Hell that isn't what they're doing at all, they're there as peace keepers.
    Uptil about 2008 they've been trying to keep the peace by killing the Taliban.

(Original post by HeliWolf)
    Refine the rules of engagement so that soldiers can actually kill confirmed Jihadi's (and that's the real problem isn't it?) without having to be attacked first and we'll be out of Afghanistan in no time.
    Yeah but with a failed state.

ReputationRep:
    killing will never work because they will never give up fighting - They belive they cannot lose. Negotiating wont work because America will never answer the demands of the Taliban i.e Stop funding Israel (which i dont understand btw seen as it has a stong military force and a stable economy. Bribery is just laughable - you might get a few fighter like the afghan forces but they are a joke and cannot fight. there is no win for us. its deppressing but its true we just need to pull out and focus on defending ourselves before we make it much much worse. May i remind you we are doing what Bin laden said we would. he said that he would put a flag in a country and the west would invade and throw their money away fighting that country to stop them but then they would simply put their flag some where else untill America is bankrupt. Aren't they already doing this by moving to Pakistan and then to north Africa.

ReputationRep:
    Probably cheaper just to buy them off than to sustain a military campaign for however many extra years.

Or just nuke the place.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.