Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    How do you even get a third? Like seriously, I've never gotten below a high 2:2, on essays I've done, including reading, at about 5 hours before deadline, and exams where I've done barely any studying..
    Not everyone in the world is a clone of you. Some universities/subjects it's easier to get a good mark despite what anyone else says.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

A first in film productions is bad enough...let alone a third...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diomedes)
    Not everyone in the world is a clone of you. Some universities/subjects it's easier to get a good mark despite what anyone else says.

Yeah, because a film productions course is bound to be way more difficult than a Politics degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    A 3rd in a **** degree. Fan-bloody-tastic.
    grow up mate...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, because a film productions course is bound to be way more difficult than a Politics degree.
    wow so far you've been really helpful on this thread...
    did you join this forum just to boast? how sad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrotstock)
    wow so far you've been really helpful on this thread...
    did you join this forum just to boast? how sad...

Well, erm no, because I joined this forum during my A levels.
    And, well again no, because I'm pretty average on here compared to most users.

So, well, wrong overall. Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrotstock)
    grow up mate...
    Na. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UndercoverChemist)
    A 3rd is pretty easy to get. So its says I suck at the degree I did pretty much.
    errmmmm you haven't done a degree yet, right?

You'll get messed over at uni if you take that attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lareneg)
    Get some work experience, and do some projects of your own (to build up a portfolio). Then kiss alot of ass. Start on a really crap job, and work your way up.
    +1

This.

Hows your portfolio looking? sort it out and you'll be on the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello Laura!)
    I'd go for an ordinary degree over a 3rd class honours...
    So getting 35-40% is better than 40-50%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I think id rather not have a degree than a third. I would seriously consider repeating the year.
    I'm guessing you've never been to uni either? Its not A levels, you can't do that.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard you can basically do nothing and get a third.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Quady)
    I'm guessing you've never been to uni either? Its not A levels, you can't do that.
    actually im already at uni, im not sure as it'll depend on uni and course but you are allowed to repeat years depends on circumstances though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    actually im already at uni, im not sure as it'll depend on uni and course but you are allowed to repeat years depends on circumstances though.
    Your allowed to repeat years that aren't the final year, you just graduate.

ReputationRep:
    How do you even get a third? Like seriously, I've never gotten below a high 2:2, on essays I've done, including reading, at about 5 hours before deadline, and exams where I've done barely any studying..

...to be honest, you don't really sound like a nice person :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    So getting 35-40% is better than 40-50%?
    Well obviously not, but in my uni (I assume the whole of Scotland) you don't have to do an honours year, you can leave after 3rd year with an Ordinary degree.

Sounds better to say "I have an ordinary degree from the university of..." than "I wasted a year of my life and achieved nothing at the end of it". You're better off admitting defeat and kidding on it was the ordinary you were aiming for. I think anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello Laura!)
    Well obviously not, but in my uni (I assume the whole of Scotland) you don't have to do an honours year, you can leave after 3rd year with an Ordinary degree.

Sounds better to say "I have an ordinary degree from the university of..." than "I wasted a year of my life and achieved nothing at the end of it". You're better off admitting defeat and kidding on it was the ordinary you were aiming for. I think anyway.
    Right, but most students on here don't have that option...

And I don't think South of the boarder it would sound better, since few peope are aware of that (or is it just me?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    errmmmm you haven't done a degree yet, right?

You'll get messed over at uni if you take that attitude.
    I've done a degree and I agree with the person who said a 3rd is easy to get. Of course it is! You'd have to try to fail, really...

ReputationRep:
    a 2:2 is not good enough, a 3rd is a 20k piece of toilet paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    I've done a degree and I agree with the person who said a 3rd is easy to get. Of course it is! You'd have to try to fail, really...
    The people who got thirds on the degree I did (which is similar to the posters proposed course) really tried, they weren't all that good but they gave it their all.

It seemed to be the ones with 2.2s and who dropped out/failed who didn't try.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.