The Student Room Group
cOnfusedtOm
Hey.

I was thinking of self teaching Modern Latin and could anyone recommend some good books please? :smile: Preferably the ones that explains the basics very well.

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by Modern Latin? For example I did the Cambridge Latin Course all the way up to GCSE, and found it very useful and not too tedious, but it really depends on what you want to use it for. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Reply 2
pinstriped.flower
What do you mean by Modern Latin? For example I did the Cambridge Latin Course all the way up to GCSE, and found it very useful and not too tedious, but it really depends on what you want to use it for. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Well you see, I thought of learning Latin because I would like to learn some scientific texts in the language..but then I came to know that Latin had changed over the years and Classic Latin is sort of different to the one used during 1600s.. o.O So, right now I'm totally confused as to where to begin...
cOnfusedtOm
Well you see, I thought of learning Latin because I would like to learn some scientific texts in the language..but then I came to know that Latin had changed over the years and Classic Latin is sort of different to the one used during 1600s.. o.O So, right now I'm totally confused as to where to begin...

Do you know Classical Latin?
Reply 4
Marisa_Grace
Do you know Classical Latin?

-.= I thought it was obvious, no I don't.
Reply 5
The Cambridge Latin is probably the best place to start... well, it's what school's use to teach the basics, just to get the hang on it... They have a website, so work through from book I to book V... that way you'll learn quite a bit...

http://www.cambridgescp.com/page.php?p=clc^top^home
Reply 6
:smile: Thanks for the replies! I decided on CLC.

Latest

Trending

Trending